Introduction of new aircraft types

Got it, will keep digging...

As for the 7M9, don’t expect anything “official” before end of june.

Unfortunately no, pages 33 and 34 with payload/range info are blank. Same thing goes for 737 MAX 9.

The data is up! The pages are no longer blank! Happy days!

https://www.flyembraer.com/irj/go/km/docs/download_center/Anonymous/Ergonomia/Home%20Page/Documents/APM_E-JetsE2.PDF

The data is up! The pages are no longer blank! Happy days!

https://www.flyembraer.com/irj/go/km/docs/download_center/Anonymous/Ergonomia/Home%20Page/Documents/APM_E-JetsE2.PDF

Thanks for the update. The dev team has received the data, and will do their best to prepare an update as quickly as possible. But it might be a little while yet. But it’s on its way :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update. The dev team has received the data, and will do their best to prepare an update as quickly as possible. But it might be a little while yet. But it's on its way :-)

Thanks! You guys rock!

Thanks for the update. The dev team has received the data, and will do their best to prepare an update as quickly as possible. But it might be a little while yet. But it's on its way :-)

So, just out of curiosity, what are the steps involved in bringing a new aircraft to AirlineSim? I know having the real-world data is essential, but what else has to be considered? It would be cool just to have a peek behind the curtain, so to speak, of the developers' process on how they make a real aircraft compatible with the game, If I'm asking for state secrets, please forgive me. This just seems like a fascinating (and harmless) way to understand the inner workings of the game.

So, just out of curiosity, what are the steps involved in bringing a new aircraft to AirlineSim? I know having the real-world data is essential, but what else has to be considered? It would be cool just to have a peek behind the curtain, so to speak, of the developers' process on how they make a real aircraft compatible with the game, If I'm asking for state secrets, please forgive me. This just seems like a fascinating (and harmless) way to understand the inner workings of the game.

The process usually involves getting the data and discussing it, then it gets tested, if necessary it gets revised and in some cases it will get a bit balanced. It is a process which takes a lot of time and we should all be proud of the great players voluntarily doing it. The accurate data is certainly something setting this game apart from others.

The process usually involves getting the data and discussing it, then it gets tested, if necessary it gets revised and in some cases it will get a bit balanced. It is a process which takes a lot of time and we should all be proud of the great players voluntarily doing it. The accurate data is certainly something setting this game apart from others.

Of course, all of us non-airline players see how this is gonna affect our bottom line, like cargo capacity, passenger capacity, number of personnel, not to mention the most important question, "How much is the leasing deposit?" However, I'm sure there are factors I can't even begin to comprehend when it comes to adding new aircraft, such as fuel capacity, aircraft weight, landing field distance, and so on. I have to give major props* to all of you, including you, Mr. Pålsson, for making this such a great game! 

*And when I say props, I mean turbofans, LOL.

I have to give major props* to all of you, including you, Mr. Pålsson, for making this such a great game!

Im sorry but i dont deserve that, due to my lack of time I have not helped with any plane recently. There are other players who trully deserve such a thanks. 

Im sorry but i dont deserve that, due to my lack of time I have not helped with any plane recently. There are other players who trully deserve such a thanks.

I disagree completely. You have always been willing to answer any questions I have promptly and honestly. That makes this a much better community.

As CBE already wrote, maybe here are a few more details about this.

Obviously we aim to have as detailed data available as possible to make the aircraft as realistic as possible. The current performance system though is a bit limited, and doesn't allow for dynamic calculation of the fuel nor does it calculate the take-off performance.

Nevertheless, once we have the data, we populate a large table with the aircraft data. We have all the data here, ranging from the families to the image that is displayed for the aircraft. Once we have added the data, upload the table to a test system and have a look at the performance, cost per seat, possible cabin configurations, etc. on that test server. We mostly compare the data with other, similar models and compare our savings with real world statements (in case of a NEO for example).

Uploading the data is rather simple, but fine tuning to get the data right is the tricky part. We discuss the test version among a few team members, where most have one "strong" area of expertise. As the there are quite a few limitations and simplifications in the game, getting the data "right" is quite a task. And unfortunately a few existing aircraft are not really "cleanly" setup, which makes it also a challenge to define new, similar aircraft realistic, yet plausible relative to the "wrong" data of the existing plane.

This discussion and finding an agreement is what takes most of the time, especially since not all of those team members are always able to participate.

Once we agree on a set of data, we have to prepare a news statement of the changes made and pass that over to Martin. He will then patch the existing game worlds and release the news statement.

Thank you, @Matth and @CBE, now I understand why y'all can't just "snap your fingers," so to speak, and add a new aircraft when they start flying real-time.  Just like the manufacturers and customers, y'all have to see how it performs in real-life and in the game over a period of time before turning us loose on it. 

A couple of helpful sites I found for understanding payload/range:

https://bigsynthesis.com/understandingaerospace/index.php/22-how-to-read-a-payload-range-diagram

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/airports/faqs/sec3charts.pdf

We do understand it :slight_smile:

Thank you, @Matth and @CBE, now I understand why y'all can't just "snap your fingers," so to speak, and add a new aircraft when they start flying real-time.  Just like the manufacturers and customers, y'all have to see how it performs in real-life and in the game over a period of time before turning us loose on it. 

In some cases that was what we did. For example the Cseries had finished data quite a time before the real life introduction so we were able to introduce it as soon as it started flying.

We do understand it :-)

Forsooth! However, a dilettante such as myself, who plays this for a hobby, may not totally understand.  :blink:  Ask me about an anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction or medial epicondylitis, on the other hand, and I can quote it chapter and verse!  :D

Even though im impatient in nature, i do like how the devs wont release a plane until its ready. Shows they care enough not to just throw it in and hope its 75% accurate.

That said bring on the E2!

Any update on the progress of bringing the E2 on board? Not impatient, just curious. ?

Still in testing, but should arrive this month. :slight_smile:

Still in testing, but should arrive this month. :)

Thank you sir!