I really enjoy playing this game. This is the simulator I wanted for a long time.
I have thought of few ideas which would be really interesting to implement in game as it would make playing it even better experience.
I introduce you to my idea on how could Aircraft Accidents system work.
This would give more realism to this game. And some feeling that the world here is dynamic not fixed. Every calculation will be done by computer.
[b]How would it work?
Every day at fixed time there would be a calculation done to see if today something will happen. It would be 5% of event happening and 95% of nothing happening.
( I know that this would be much more higher frequency of accident happening than real life but remember it is a game)
IF it is decided that something will happen ( 5%) then another calculation is done to see when in that day the event will happen. It can happen any time between the time the Event calculation was done till 24 hours (when the next day Event calculation is done).
Every hour would have equal chance to be selected as an Event Hour so it is around 4.2% chance that this will happen at any hour in 24 hours.
Planes in the Event
Every plane which has a departure at a given day and at a given hour will be placed in the Accident Database.
Then all planes are selected they are given points which show their chances of "winning" the Accident Lottery. Basically the more points your Airplane gets the higher the chances that it will "win" the Accident Lottery. Points can be viewed as how many tickets one plane has and as you have more tickets you have bigger chances of winning the lottery.
For now I have thought of two main factors it is Aircraft Age and Maintenance % ( I was thinking about Aircraft condition but it would be too hard to calculate what it will be at that hour)
Aircraft age and Points gained
0-10 years 1 point
10-20 years 5 points
20-30 years 25 points
30-40 years 125 points
40-99 years 625 points
Maintenance % and Point gained
Max - 200% 0 point
200%-175% 1 points
175%-150% 2 points
150%-125% 4 points
125% -100% 16 points
100%-0% 256 points
After all Aircrafts got their points the lottery begins. Each aircraft gets a lottery ticket for every point they have. And it is just simple random number selection. And we have a WINNER!!!!
Finally then the Aircraft is selected the three following accidents may happen each having 33% chance of happening.
Aircraft crashed due to pilots mistake
Aircraft crashed due to mechanical error
Emergency landing after engine explosion in midair everyone are ok
IF #1 or #2 happened there would be a calculation done on how many passengers survived it can be from 0% - 90% of PAX survived (not 100% because that is what #3 is)
IF #1 happened:
1.[/b] The plane will be destroyed (removed from your fleet) it is good if you just leased a plane but very sad if you bought it.
2.You will have to pay 250,000AS$ for every dead passenger which was on board your Aircraft and 10,000AS$ for every alive passenger (You pay to families of those who died and you pay to survivors for their psychological trauma) (however, this can be done over period of 1 or 2 months so that the airline does not go bankrupt if fully loaded A380 goes down)
3.Your Airline rating on every flight in ORS is -30 the original value. (this will decrease by 10 every week so after 3 weeks you will have no more negative effects on your ORS rating)
4. If you leased a plane you will have to pay 50% of aircraft value to the owner. (this also could be done over period of 1 or 2 months)
[b]IF #2 happened:
1.[/b] same as IF #1 happened.
2. You will have to pay 125,000AS$ for every dead passenger which was on board your Aircraft and 5,000AS$ for every alive passenger (You pay to families of those who died and you pay to survivors for their psychological trauma but half of the sum is paid by manufacturer as it was mechanical error)
3. Your Airline rating on every flight in ORS is -15 the original value. (this will decrease by 5 every week so after 3 weeks you will have no more negative effects on your ORS rating)
4. If you leased You will have to pay 25% of aircraft value to the owner
IF #3 happened.
1. You will have to pay 10% of aircraft value to repair the airplane. (the repair is done in half the time needed to produce the airplane)
2. You will have to pay 2,500AS$ for every passenger
3. Your Airline rating on every flight in ORS is -5 the original value for one week.
I know everyone will start to say that this will be very hard for small airlines so those limitations will save them.
Aircraft will not enter Accident Lottery IF:
Airline was created less than 4 weeks ago
Airline fleet has less than 20 planes
What do you think about this idea and would it work within AS?