Maintenance- drastic increse

HI

I closed my last financial week with big increse of maintenece cost. 41% !!!???I cant see ant reason for it. Did anyone have same problem, or maybe someone know where is the problem.

thx

KopaAirBull

Pearls

Did you add any new aircraft types recently?

You are operating aircraft of 10 different maintenance categories, making maintenance much more expensive for you with +105% maintenance cost.

To reduce these costs you could easily drop maintenance categories of which you only operate a single aircraft.

So for example: if im usung one Boeing and 10 Airbus planes, i should ridoff Boeing and buy Airbus instead,. Is that correct??

You can see the maintenance category in the airplane description page on the market. Different models and brands are in the same category but even with Boeing and Airbus, you will have multiple categories for different models.

So you should make yourself a plan which planes you will lease and which planes make sense for you. 3 maintenance categories are ok, for every additional category you pay 25%15 % more.

Basically, yes - but the categories are not the manufacturers. Categories are 737 family, 320 family, Dash 8 family, CRJ family and so on.

You can find the categories on the aircraft data page. If you operate more than 3 categories, there's a penalty of 15% for every additional category.

@Spezialist

Could you please clarify for an old man

3 Categories = basic-maintenance 100%

4 Categories = basic-maintenance 100%  plus 15% = 115%

----

5 Categories

= either 100% basic-maintenace plus 30% (2 x15% for each additional category) = 130%

or maintenace 115% plus 15% = 132,25% (15% on top of the maintenance-fee for 4 categories)

... and so on

----

10 Categories

= either 100 % basic-maintenance plus 105% (15% for 7 additional categories) = 205%

or maintenance 266% (basic-maintenace plus 15% on top of the previous result (100%, 115%,132%,152%......)

---

Thanks

last week i add 2 new planes (categories) so why my maintenance cost go up 41%?? comparing to week before

Multiplication plus most likley the newly acquired aircraft required heavy maintenance work.

Plus, the maintenance cost is not the same per aircraft, and it also depends (goe sup) by age. There are so many factors.

If you operate a fleet of 10 ATRs and add 10 A380s, your maintenance cost would go up what... 10-fold? Maybe even more. And that is even without increasing maintenance category cost.

@Rainer: It's the first version, it increases by 15 percentage points each.

In this case, with 8 maintenance categories it was at 175% before and is now at 205% with 10 maintenance categories.

Even worse. You actually have 11 different maintenance categories. In your case. I would drop everything except ATRs, A318/A319/A320/A321s and the Tu-204s (if you want to have larger cargo operations. This cut would reduce your maintenance cost by 120% if you keep your operations the same size. The age also affects heavily the maintenance cost.

@rubiohiguey2000

---

If you operate a fleet of 10 ATRs and add 10 A380s, your maintenance cost would go up what...

---

In case your complete airline operates a fleet of ATR and A380 only you have pay the "standard"-maintenance fee because you have 2 maintenance categories only and the standard fee covers upto 3 maintenance categories.

And why having an airline with passenger planes in the US if you do not even have the rights to fly passengers there?

@rubiohiguey2000

---

If you operate a fleet of 10 ATRs and add 10 A380s, your maintenance cost would go up what...

---

In case your complete airline operates a fleet of ATR and A380 only you have pay the "standard"-maintenance fee because you have 2 maintenance categories only and the standard fee covers upto 3 maintenance categories.

But the costs for maintenance will go up. Maintenance for an A380 ist much more expensive than for ATRs.

But the costs for maintenance will go up. Maintenance for an A380 ist much more expensive than for ATRs.

It is a lot more expensive overall trust me from operating them. Though it is about the same price per passenger. But an ATR carries 50 passengers and an A380 carries 500.

I don't think so. Maintenance fees are based on categories.

@CBE: 11 categories? I only count 10 (ATR 42 and ATR 72 are in the same category).

@CBE: 11 categories? I only count 10 (ATR 42 and ATR 72 are in the same category).

A310, A320, ATR, 146s, 767, CRJ, Dash8,  Ejet, Fokker 100, DC-10 and TU-204.

I can't see an A310 there. ;)

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 18.52.11.png

I don't think so. Maintenance fees are based on categories.

Sorry, but you don't think what? That a daily maintenance cost for A380 is more expensive than a daily maintenance cost for ATR?

Well, sorry to rain on the parade, but it most certainly "is" ...!

If the player in question added categories in more MX-costly airplanes, his MX costs would have gone up by more than 30%, which obviously is the case here.

The following example will illustrate that.

Let's just imagine for a moment that you are running MIA-MCO with ATR72-600

That is your only route and only aircraft, and you run it back and forth for the whole week.

And then, you return ATR and get an A380, and you run the same route back and forth for the whole week.

Your accounting item "maintenance cost" will go up from about AS$ 49,164  to about AS$ 330,446, and you have not added any maintenance category.

Your daily maintenance cost will go up by about 672%, from about AS$7,023 to about AS$ 47,206.

And you actually stay on one and single maintenance category, because you have returned the ATR72, remember?