Hi, how is the price of a stock determined in Airline Sim? Is it based on market forces I.e. Demand and Supply, or is it based on a firm’s performance?
It's the latter. The daily stock price adjustments are merely based on the book value. However, stock trades can be executed within a price rage of +- 10%. (The reasons for these restrictions lie in the long history of cheating...)
I’m wondering about Markets and Exchanges.
- Do I need to be on top of this?
- What affect do they have and by how much?
- How best to see / analyze the effects?
Here are my assumptions. Perhaps you can confirm or correct me.
- Market prices (AGEX etc) will affect passenger numbers
- Oil prices will affect profit
- If oil is up, ticket prices may need to be adjusted
- And lastly, don’t react too quickly, it may be just a blip