No bookings after deleted schedule

So I've just created a regional subsidiary and recreated my regional flights on this airline (using the 3-day activation option), while deleting those same flights from the main airline which, as expected, already had 3 days of flights in the ORS waiting to be booked. I assumed since those flights were already in the ORS they would get booked as normal, and in 3 days the new flights on the regional airline would replace them, thus ensuring a smooth transition with no loss of passengers (other than what would be expected due do the different image and IL contracts).

However, about half an hour after deleting those schedules the flights disappeared from the ORS (the only flights showing are the new LUX flights from my regional airline, not the old LUS flights from the main airline), even though they still show up in the plane's schedule, receiving no more bookings. Here's two examples where this happened:

th_794428931_opo_scq_122_134lo.jpg th_794430566_opo_vgo_122_235lo.jpg

You can see here a progressive drop in load ratios: after I deleted the plane schedule on the evening of the 23rd (for the first image) or 22nd (for the 2nd image), no more passengers booked the already scheduled flights, so the first few flights already had gone through the 3 booking cycles and had a good load, the next few only 2 cycles but never got a 3rd, then only one cycle and finally the last flights had no bookings at all (other than 1 or 2 passengers which I assume came from ground transport). Yet the flights took place anyway, resulting in 2 days flying at a loss. 

Is this the expected behaviour or is it a bug? You'd assume flights already booked into the ORS would stay there until they either took place or were cancelled, but having them disappear from the ORS while remaining scheduled and thus flying half-empty makes no sense!

Are you sure it disappeared and not just got down in the list?

A similar phenomena happened to me when another airline stole all my passengers whit there high ORS rating and I did not know how to compete. Now I do the same thing.

No, they're gone altogether from the ORS. And the only flights that show up in the ORS are from my own subsidiary, which has the exact same flights only with lower image, so there's no reason they should rank higher anyway.

You can check it yourself on Stapleton if you want:  flights from OPO-SCQ and SCQ-OPO are still showing as "booked" in the plane schedule as you see in the image above, as the schedule only stops tomorrow, but they don't show up in the ORS -- you'll only find LUX flights there (regional sub) but no LUS flights (main airline).

I did report this exact same thing some time ago as well. They were not able to find cause of it.

But now there is new information from you, and that is that the flights disappeared from the ORS. In my case I found out only after the flights were flown, that some were flown with 0 passengers. Maybe this new information will help pinpoint the problem.

And this always happened only when switching flights between two companies, never when switching schedule to a different aircraft within the same company.

So it IS a bug then, thanks.

I know that immediately after the schedule was deleted the flights were still showing in the ORS, but disappeared after half an hour or so (which I assume was the next time the ORS was updated).

And this always happened only when switching flights between two companies, never when switching schedule to a different aircraft within the same company.

Could it be that the problem only appears when you press the "delete schedule" button, but not when you press "transfer to another aircraft" which deletes the schedule automatically?

So it IS a bug then, thanks.

I know that immediately after the schedule was deleted the flights were still showing in the ORS, but disappeared after half an hour or so (which I assume was the next time the ORS was updated).

Could it be that the problem only appears when you press the "delete schedule" button, but not when you press "transfer to another aircraft" which deletes the schedule automatically?

I really don't know what the problem could be. I tried to re-create the error by booking a schedule on a spare aircaft and then deleting it, (but without creating new flight/schedule for the same times in another company) and the flights stayed booked and received bookings for 3 days.

It happened again.

th_645451982_fra_122_119lo.jpg

This time I was changing the plane's schedule, which involved deleting flights # 7,10 and 59 (the last 3 finished flights) and replacing them with different flights. And again, for the 3 days while those flights were still scheduled, they received no more bookings as you can see here. The flights that preceeded them (# 162 and 58) had their times readjusted slightly but stayed on the schedule, and so were booked as normal.

It seems to me that so long as a flight number is still being used somewhere by your fleet, the previous flights keep getting bookings, but if a flight number is deleted from the plane's schedule and not reused, then it won't show up in the ORS anymore and the already scheduled flights will receive no more bookings.

i think i got the same problem when i transferred some flights from my main company to another company. The booking did stop after the change. I found out the same way as rubiohiguey2000 did. It was on SUB-CGK, and there were flights flying with none PAX (it's impossible because this route is always fully booked).I didn't report though because i thought it was some kind of schedule overlap that drop the old flights from the system

Same thing again.

Flights 86 and 87 were deleted from the plane's schedule when I changed it, and received no more bookings afterwards. Flight 171 had only a time change and so booked normally. 

I didn't check the ORS this time, but there seems to be a pattern here:

- Flights that are deleted from the schedule receive no more bookings after that;

- Flights that have a time change or are transferred to another plane are booked as normal.