QUIMBY -- few first day glitches

For the tech team ( The Super beings of AS ). 

Here are a few first day glitches I noticed :

1. The credit value  does not show on the Quimby server pages. Probably therefore a new enterprise under an existing holding can not be found. It shows an error message saying " one needs a premium account to do so."

2. Unable to select the desired no. of days for flight scheduling. the system just doesn't let go off all days inspite of checking selected check-boxes.  

post-8855-0-99390900-1396380365_thumb.jp

These were a couple of issues I could identify in the first hour. I shall keep updating this thread.

Regards 

Thanks for the feedback.

Concerning 1.) Does it display the right balance now? The message from account management probably just got lost in the early rush of the server start, so I triggered a re-send.

Concerning 2.) Can you provide a few more details on what you mean? How do you reproduce this behavior?

Couple more to the list - personal messages with hotlinked enterprise pages are broken. they link to /app/info/enterprise/id/xxx instead of app/info/enterprises/xxx  and thus throws a 404 error.

Also, search function is a bit broken too, after you search for an airport from search bar at the top right, you cannot use the Search query (on the left)as it returns the previous search and not the new one

Hi guys,

Not possible to change ticketprices in the menu flight record/Route. Price changes entered are not reflected in load factor booking rules..

Cheers,

McRonald

Couple more to the list - personal messages with hotlinked enterprise pages are broken. they link to /app/info/enterprise/id/xxx instead of app/info/enterprises/xxx  and thus throws a 404 error.

Also, search function is a bit broken too, after you search for an airport from search bar at the top right, you cannot use the Search query (on the left)as it returns the previous search and not the new one

Thanks. Both will be fixed asap, although for the first issue I'll have to do a short translation run to get at least the German texts updated as well (otherwise they'll fall back to English).

Not possible to change ticketprices in the menu flight record/Route. Price changes entered are not reflected in load factor booking rules..

Can't quite follow. What do you mean by "load factor booking rules"?

Thanks for the feedback.

Concerning 1.) Does it display the right balance now? The message from account management probably just got lost in the early rush of the server start, so I triggered a re-send.

Concerning 2.) Can you provide a few more details on what you mean? How do you reproduce this behavior?

HI Martin 

2. As in the pic attached only MON and TUE are selected ( checked) for flight scheduling however the rest of the days too are showing as green. This doesn't allow one to start flights on selected day of a week.

Regards

Varun 

HI Martin 

2. As in the pic attached only MON and TUE are selected ( checked) for flight scheduling however the rest of the days too are showing as green. This doesn't allow one to start flights on selected day of a week.

Regards

Varun 

What I meant was something like this: Does it happen every time you try to schedule flights? Only for a particular aircraft? Do you create a new flight number or re-use an existing one? 

Hi,

"Routeneinstellungen" ! Changes in ticket prices are not saved. Standard prices are not changeable in desired prices. Sorry for my poor previous communication.

Regards,

McRonald

Martin, a quick question, if I may, since this topic is hovering about quimby server - after a quick glance, we are back to the good old pricing? I.e C = 2Y and F = 3Y

Nope. It may be similar to that on some routes, but you'll see that it differs on others. There are individual price formulas per class now.

"Routeneinstellungen" ! Changes in ticket prices are not saved. Standard prices are not changeable in desired prices. Sorry for my poor previous communication.

Sorry, works for me and I cannot reproduce what you describe.

If it helps you, you may also open a thread on the German part of the forums or send us an email to support@airlinesim.de

Hi Martin,

this is not a Quimby problem. It works like this on every server.

When you make a new schedule, you can check/uncheck the boxes with the days, and the flights will appear/disappear for that day.

But once you have entered or saved a daily flight, and later on you want to move that flight to a later or earlier time, unchecking a day at the top of the page does not remove the flight from that day.

The only way around this (that I know) is deleting the (for example) tuesday flight on an existing flight schedule. If you then click on change this flight, the flight will be visible for every day of the week, but then you can uncheck the tuesday flight at the top of the page. And the tuesday flight will also disappear on the week schedule.

Jan

I will clarify in a different way.

Go to a page in Route Management. When you change the ticket prices of the (a) route on that page and apply for the settings (button) than the changes are not been accepted by AS. That is it. 

I figured out that this feauture is NOT working in the Dutch version of AS. In the English version it works fine. 

Kind regards,

Ronald 

@sobelair: Thanks a lot, will see whether I can figure out what's the problem here later.

@McRonald: Unlikely but possible that it's language-related. I'll check it out later as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Answer for 1:

No, balance is still at 0 here. Can't use Premium Features.

If i click on "Buy more!" it shows my correct credit value.

Luckily it looks like there is no credit booking (-4) for Quimby yesterday. Otherwise the counter should be negative.

Edit: Ok guys, right now it works!

Edit: Ok guys, right now it works!

I manually triggered an update. Should your balance get stuck again, you can do so yourself by simply clicking "save" in your central account settings (here https://secure.airlinesim.aero/aquila/app/account/settings). This will send out a message to all game worlds with your current account settings, including the credit balance.

What I meant was something like this: Does it happen every time you try to schedule flights? Only for a particular aircraft? Do you create a new flight number or re-use an existing one? 

This is happening with all aircraft every time i try to select days for a flight schedule  I use new flight numbers.

@sobelair/varunbudh: Oh my, what have you gotten me into? ;)

So...I took a deep-dive into some old code that is the flight scheduling system and pretty quickly found out why the problem described by varunbudh occurs. This was in fact a bug and the fix was a one-liner.

But then it got me thinking that the general behavior described by sobelair doesn't make too much sense from an interface perspective: If the user unselects a checkbox in an aircraft's scheduling interface (or in route-based scheduling with an aircraft selected, for that matter) he expects the corresponding flight do disappear in the visual flight plan. This wouldn't happen though, because "ticked" in these case merely meant "add" instead of "have a flight that day".

So I spent over four hours fiddling with quite a few internals and came up with a (in my opinion) better and more logical system:

• When you create a new flight number (no assignments so far), all or no days will be ticked based on your user setting. 
  • When you choose an existing flight number, all days will be ticked if that is your custom setting. Otherwise, all days will be ticked that have the current aircraft assigned.
  • When you choose a flight number from the visual flight plan (second of the hover items of a flight segment), all days will be ticked that have the current aircraft assigned.

This "pre-ticking" is important, because now a removed tick in fact means "remove that flight". Other assigned aircraft remain unaffected unless you actively remove flights (by using the "remove selected day" button) or tick a day to assign the current aircraft (as it has been previously).

Since this is most likely going to break all kinds of people's workflow (see https://xkcd.com/1172/) and because I had to touch quite sensitive parts of the code, these changes are on an extra branch for now and will be tested on a test server before being rolled out to Quimby (and all the other game worlds at some point in time).

Note to self: I should make a dev-log out of this...

Go to a page in Route Management. When you change the ticket prices of the (a) route on that page and apply for the settings (button) than the changes are not been accepted by AS. That is it. 

I figured out that this feauture is NOT working in the Dutch version of AS. In the English version it works fine. 

Hm, even using the Dutch version, this is working fine for me. Do you have any more hints?

Somehow the short-haul route network map on the info page doesn't show up even after one night. I am Air Emirati based in Dubai.