QUIMBY VIII: What the heck is going on??

Like many, I was excited to join in the new world, Quimby VIII, only to discover a lot of missing and highly important planes. It was a real let down for me and left me deflated.

What fascinates me is why? How could you leave out the following aircraft in such a classic time-frame?? How??

1. Lockheed Tristar 1011
  2. Mcdonald Douglas MD-87
  3. Tupolev Tu-154M
  4. Antonov An-72/74
  5. Yak-42D
  6. Tupolev Tu-134 (produced until 1989!)

Something else fascinates me on A/S, why is it that useless planes like the Norman Brittany Islander and PZL An-28 always make it into the list while far more important and significant planes get left out?? 

What is worth doing at all, is worth doing well!

I just don’t get it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

They left out the most amazing planes, especially the L1011, Dc-10 ... . What a hugh disappointment.

Imagine if they had allowed a world with many used DC-9s and Tupolev Tu-134s?? What harm could that have done? Those planes had examples that were still quite new in 1990!

I also had plans for Quimby, but after seeing such a limited choice of planes I decided not to continue.

BAC-111/ROMAC 111 I was hoping for. 

Thanks for the feedback and the detailed list, MIDAS02.

I'll try to elaborate tomorrow why the individual aircraft types didn't make it. We can probably argue that some of them would fit Quimby VIII and I'll try to find out if there's a possibility to add them later.

Simulogics really just don't care about this game, to them, it seems to just be a way of making a passive income. Wheres the passion for the game gone? 

And even when they do introduce new stuff, they still can't get it right, Quimby being a perfect example. 

What a mess. Sort yourself out simulogics, the games dying and we haven't seen anything new (and useful) in ages.

1 Like

In truth, when all is considered, the list of planes left out is extensive and mind-boggling. This list will include the following:

1. Lockheed Tristar L1011 (Should be available used, at the very least) *** I really don't know why A/S never features this great plane!
  2. McDonald Douglas MD-87
  3. Tupolev Tu-154M
  4. Antonov An-72/74
  5. Yak-42D
  6. BAe Jetstream series
  7. Shorts 330/360
  8. Tupolev Tu-134 (produced until 1989! - should be available used)
  9. McDonald Douglas DC-9 (Should be available used, at the very least)
  10. Boeing 727 (Should be available used, at the very least)
  11. Boeing 737-200 (Should be available used, at the very least)
  12. De havilland DHC-7 (Should be available used, at the very least)
  13. Fokker F-28 (Should be available used, at the very least)
  14. Fokker F-27 (Should be available used, at the very least)
  15. BAE HS-748 (Should be available used, at the very least)
  16. BAC-111 (produced till late 80s - should be available used)

In all, this is a heck of a lot of details to leave out in a period (classic golden age) which you claim to want to re-animate. It is like going back to Classical age without Greece, Egypt and Rome! Why bother???...

Simulogics really just don't care about this game, to them, it seems to just be a way of making a passive income. Wheres the passion for the game gone?

And even when they do introduce new stuff, they still can’t get it right, Quimby being a perfect example.

What a mess. Sort yourself out simulogics, the games dying and we haven’t seen anything new (and useful) in ages.

Member since 8th of November. This year.

Shouldn't matter!! You have no idea what his history is and you shouldn't presume to know. 

Why do we always feel the need to put others down and prove our opinions more worthy?

How do you know if he is a veteran or not? - He might have been here long before in other guise. How would you know??

Besides, what he said is no lie! Sometimes, it just feels like that is exactly what is happening - many have said the same!

I will answer later on this.

I think Quimby VIII is a great idea - love the historic aircraft and it can be tough to use them in the normal gameworlds.

Completely agree with the opinion expressed by others that unfortunately very little effort seems to have gone into selecting the available aircraft - it is not that difficult to run through the list of planes on e.g. Kaitak and remove those coming into service post-1990 (or whatever date/year is deemed appropriate)!

I think the same as well, I was very pleased by the decision to make a server in an 80´s or 90´s timeframe. But when I saw the limited amount of planes on this server, despite we had several important one of them before, I felt disappointed. I mean why?

What is the decision to leave out planes that should be available as used such as the 727, 732, DC9, BAC 1-11 or Tu134/154?

Please consider adding them as well..

It's even worse if new players say such things because they haven't fallen in love with this game as we have. I'm a member since 25th of October 2014 and share the same feelings. 

Maybe it is not perfect but just think about it how long they had to make this historical thing happen.

This idea was placed in the forum maybe 6-8 days before the world starts. So I think, even it is not perfect, it is very nice that we got this world so fast.

It is not fair to blame them just because there are some aircrafts missing. Maybe next game world will have this aircrafts then.

And even when they do introduce new stuff, they still can't get it right, Quimby being a perfect example. 

What a mess. Sort yourself out simulogics, the games dying and we haven't seen anything new (and useful) in ages.

It's even worse if new players say such things because they haven't fallen in love with this game as we have. I'm a member since 25th of October 2014 and share the same feelings.

Shouldn't matter!! You have no idea what his history is and you shouldn't presume to know. 

Why do we always feel the need to put others down and prove our opinions more worthy?

How do you know if he is a veteran or not? - He might have been here long before in other guise. How would you know??

Besides, what he said is no lie! Sometimes, it just feels like that is exactly what is happening - many have said the same!

Right I have no records and idea what his history is.

And yes, there are also things which I don't like (also a long time player at least since 2014 or 2015).

BUT: if you guys don't like what AS offers you, you are completely free to leave the simulation. Like CBE did. Like I did (but I came back for some reasons).

I don't like the attitude of many players here to blame simulogics / AS just because you guys want to see features or planes or whatever in the game. Of course you can and should suggest things but you cannot expect that things are made like you want to have it. It is a decision of the makers of the game and nobody else. Simulogic earns money with AirlineSim and hundreds of players pay for it. Like for other games or software.

Where did the passion for what go? The simulation is working and still the best airline simulation out there in the world of apps and online games etc. And yes, if you are disappointed by the fact that new features are not coming - your decision should be to leave if these missing features make your life in AS hard and you don't like the game.

Perhaps just to remember you all - it is a one man company and show, supported by a support team and volonteers. I would say, for this it works very well.

And last but not least - it was not my intention to "out others down".

1 Like

Highscore2,

I refuse to allow you to derail this thread with needless argument. You don’t have to respond to every input you disagree with - no one has made you a gate-keeper and I believe everyone has equal right to express their opinions!

You are not the only one to have left A/S and come back. You are not the first and won’t be the last. It is something many do and I believe it is important for one’s health.The fact that I do something does not mean I have a right to judge or silence others. 

The point of a forum is to discuss one’s experience or opinion and that is what is being done. If you don’t like it as a mere player and are so intolerant, imagine what you will do if you were the creator?? smh. Criticism and opinions is what got A/S this far and people’s input cannot be discounted. there is such a thing called customer feedback

This thread was created to discuss and express dissatisfaction with Quimby VIII and to let them know why. If you find that difficult to understand, I will suggest you ignore it and move on. If everything on A/S is perfect for you and to your liking, then good for you. You love it? great! Let those who are disappointed express themselves! The forum is a large place and I am sure you can start a thread to express your delight.

Time to move on.

Indeed. Time to move on  and forward.

Will now be silent here in this thread and forum.

Good bye.

Seems as though some major aircraft is missing. Personally I can't see what the problem is for them to be added to the game or would it be too time-consuming?

I don't really see the issue. Yes, aircraft that was available used in 1991 is partly missing, but most of the ones produced is available new and used. OK, a few is miing, but so what? Beoing used to play in the new world with only new aircraft available, for me this is something new and exiting. So I have to use different aircraft then I'm used to

Should an aircraft like the MD-87 be availably? Yes, but is does't really matter that much....it would anyway be another "A318" :p