real time fuel price

I have been always wondering ... why don't we see real time (this week's) fuel price?

All we see is a fuel price 2 weeks late (or at least I do) the last fuel price I see is from 2/13 (feb 13)

Probably because it is not updated so much as the real world fuel price goes up and down every hour in AS they just change it when it is a major change (atleast I think this is reason why). I would also like it to change more often.

The fuel price changes weekly. I think we should know what is the fuel price being charged this week, same as we see actual AGEX.

The actual charged fuel price is the latest one shown in the table.

The actual charged fuel price is the latest one shown in the table.

The latest one I see is

2015-02-13       41.31        ASc$/l

This is two weeks old. Do you see something different?

That's correct. There is a fuel price index we have to use and this is only published once a week, so it takes some time until it is updated.

That's correct. There is a fuel price index we have to use and this is only published once a week, so it takes some time until it is updated.

The price of crude oil is changed every hour/day and I think aviation fuel too.

The price of crude oil is changed every hour/day and I think aviation fuel too.

yet the actual price that the airlines have to pay might not change every hour as they have contracts in place to cover their fuel requirement for certain period of time which might include some sort of hedging.

Oil is not the same like fuel. So you can't directly combine it 1:1. There are a lot of other factor influencing the fuel price like transport costs (to the airport - not simulated in detail) and the production costs which may vary too.