Stock prices

Hello,

why do I get an "Invalid price" message if I try to sell stocks that are currently priced at 200.00 AS$ for 220AS$? Same story if I try to sell them for 205 etc…

It says the price must not divert more than 10% from the current value.

Thanks.

Hi,

let’s try again… why does Morrissey get an “Invalid price” message if he tries to sell stocks that are currently priced at 200.00 AS$ for 220AS$? Same story if he tries to sell them for 205 etc…

It says the price must not divert more than 10% from the current value.

Jan

His question is perfectly clear, no clarification required…

As for why this happens, I don’t know. All I can guess at is that another sale had already taken place, pushing the value up temporarily. I believe the system calculates the 10% based on company value divided by amount of stocks though, so you’d have to try with a lower value. Waiting 24 hours should reset the price to what it should be, after which you can try again.

Hi Tim,

I did not clarify his question, I merely repeated it. We would not want 2 day old questions to remain unanswered, would we ;)

But your answer sounds plausible… Once per day the value of shares is indeed recalculated and set to <total value of the company> divided by <total number of shares>. Perhaps the game does not allow to push the price up by more than 10% per day.

Jan

Over the weekend that’s still acceptable, I think. Most of the support given is volunteer work anyway, I don’t make anything off doing this you know…

As for how exactly this works, I don’t know, you’d have to ask someone who knows the code behind this.