Suggestion on Plane deletion adjustment

From my understanding, the AS market will not keep more than 50 aircraft on the market (not counting for private offers) for the models that are in production. I don’t think AS updates the number of the aircraft for the types if a patch is applied to end the model production.

Recently, after the liquidation of one large company on my server (kaitak), there are a lot of 737-600s released to the market, and it seems AS is also deleting the number of the aircraft over time. Therefore, i assume AS also uses the 50 aircraft guidelines even for aircraft is discontinued (though some of the older aircraft on the market has a set number limit and i don’t think they changed over the years).

Here are some suggestions for the current system (if i understand it correctly):

• update the amount of the model produced when a patch is applied to end the model production:

The reason for this is that some of the older variants, such as 737-300s, seems to have a set number (on kaitak, it’s 400 (BGW) +231 (HGW)). From my understanding, it has 1000+ produced in the real world (just a quick search on Wikipedia). If using the current logic, the 737-800 can drop to 6*50=300 (six variants, and assume no one is owning or using any 737-800s), which makes the number lower than the number of 300 variants on the market!!! not quite sure it is a good representation of the model at all as 800 has close to 5000 deliveries… I guess if it is hard to account when each model is produced at when, especially with prior user orders, so it might be easier to just spread the rest of the number along the production year. I guess if the model is overproduced on AS, the model number can be kept as either the time of the end of production or decreased to the actual number in real-world when used aircraft is released to the market in the later years.

I think this might also help new users in the future so that they can have user aircraft market is more representative. When i started on AS, i used a lot of used aircraft to grow fast, so i think this might be also helpful to any new players joining order servers in the future.

• increase the limit of aircraft on the market if the type is popular in real life:

There are obviously a lot of 737, 320, ATRs, Dahs 8s in real-life, and some of them are over much under-produced on AS. so i don’t think it is reasonable to have only 50 public offers on the market especially if it is caused by the AS scraping the aircraft. I see so many airlines started with the M80/90 route to start the airline, including myself, and I’m not quite sure that’s that realistic for nowadays… hopefully changes like this will make it better.

Just some thoughts :grinning:

1 Like