Terminal contracts

Due to a miscalculation of mine, I did not have enough funds to pay the weekly fee for a certain passenger handling contract I had with another player, and as such the contract was cancelled. The only reason I know it was cancelled was because soon after I happened to be changing schedules and thus adjusting the terminal allocations, and I noticed some terminal space was missing. If I hadn't been changing schedules several flights would have been cancelled in 3 days before I knew anything was wrong!

I really think we should get a message when a conctract is cancelled, just like we do when a leased airplane is returned.  <_<

Cheers  :)

Your flights would not be (yet) cancelled for the insufficient contract space.

Really? So what's stopping me from booking room for 100 passengers and assigning 20,000, and benefiting from the rating?

Really? So what's stopping me from booking room for 100 passengers and assigning 20,000, and benefiting from the rating?

Nothing as of yet.  That is a trick now, however it is in the works to be fixed.

I wouldn’t advocate using this practice because wouldn’t that be cheating using a game bug?

“Cheating and bug abuse: In case of bugs or cheating opportunities the user must inform the AirlineSim-team via e-mail (support@airlinesim.de). Accounts found to have taken advantage of bugs or cheats will be deleted”

this according to AS wiki after all this would be a game bug, wouldn’t it? You would also be using this bug as an advantage right?

I wouldn't advocate using this practice because wouldn't that be cheating using a game bug?

“Cheating and bug abuse: In case of bugs or cheating opportunities the user must inform the AirlineSim-team via e-mail (support@airlinesim.de). Accounts found to have taken advantage of bugs or cheats will be deleted”

this according to AS wiki after all this would be a game bug, wouldn’t it? You would also be using this bug as an advantage right?

It wouldn't be a bug so much as an exploit, but I agree with you.

So the way it stands now, anyone can just assign all their passengers to a terminal, regardless of contract, and benefit from the absence of handling fees as well as increased rating for all flights?

If that's the case, then how the hell has such an obvious exploit been allowed for so long?

No there is not an absence of handling fees because anything over the contracted capacity would fall back to terminal 1 for handling at AS standard rate of 11 AS$.

Yes there is a rating effect, but for short haul flights, this rating effect is quite minimal in business class and nill in economy class.

Ok so what your saying is I could build a terminal that could handle 100 passengers and then assign all my flights to it and receive 5* rating for all flights even though only 100 pax are actually using the terminal. Basically using a bug/loop hole/exploit to gain the upper hand.

Are did I misunderstand what your saying.

You cannot build a terminal for just 100 passengers.

Ok so what your saying is I could build a terminal that could handle 100 passengers and then assign all my flights to it and receive 5* rating for all flights even though only 100 pax are actually using the terminal. Basically using a bug/loop hole/exploit to gain the upper hand.

Are did I misunderstand what your saying.

The smallest terminal you can build is for 2000 passengers a week but otherwise you are correct.

I was under the impression from the summary that Martin gave that only cargo handling defaulted to AS handling if capacity is exceeded, and that passenger flights would be cancelled. Is that not the case?

Not yet.

The smallest terminal you can build is for 2000 passengers a week but otherwise you are correct.

Ok then how is this not cheating using a bug? Getting 5* rating for any flight above the capacity at a terminal when in reality the overbooked shouldn't receive 5* because they become handled by AS.

And if I missed where the AS team stated this was NOT considered a bug please give me the link because I would like to know before I attempt to use said strategy until the issue is fixed.

(As for the 100 pax I got that mixed up with cargo which only requires 100 units to build a terminal)

Can we please have someone from the team clear this up?

Can we please have someone from the team clear this up?

It's been written about some time ago, please do a search. There is no other clarification needed. I clarified it for you already, so what more clarification do you need?

Edit: information is here http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/7715-airlinesim-62-faq/

and here  http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/8038-62-terminal-assignements/

I hope that is sufficient for you for clarification.

Basically, whether or not there is a rule specifically saying it is forbidden to assign more passengers than you can handle and that anyone doing so will be punished. I haven't seen this rule anywhere, that's why I'd like someone from the admin team to clear it up: is it against the rules? And if so, why does the game allow it?

If you don’t have enough capacity booked for the flights assigned to a particular non-AirlineSim terminal, these flights might get cancelled if the used capacity exceeds the booked capacity. Note, that for an interim time an exception is in place, so you have sufficient time to adjust your ground handling assignments without having to fear cancellations.

I'd say 10 months is enough to qualify for "an interim time"?

Ok the way I understand it from the posts above in this topic is you can get 5* rating for flights using AS handling via overbooked capacity at yours or a providers terminal. So basically paying AS handling prices for a 5* rating to me that sounds like a bug because the flights that are overbooked shouldn’t recieve 5* rating because they fall back to AS handling.

My issue is not the overbookings themselves but the fact they still receive 5* rating when falling back to AS handling or did I misinterpret something said?

I'd say 10 months is enough to qualify for "an interim time"?

As I do not run terminal booking overruns, so let me just ask you - what exactly is your problem?

Are jealous that others use terminals? Do it yourself! As I said above, terminal has virtually zero effect on short and medium haul economy class and only slight effect on short haul business class.

I AM using terminals, or did my first post not make that clear enough? I’d just like to know whether or not something is illegal before I start doing it. Why is that so hard to understand?

I AM using terminals, or did my first post not make that clear enough? I'd just like to know whether or not something is illegal before I start doing it. Why is that so hard to understand?

given that

1 - AirlineSim specifically has a rule against using bugs to your advantage and

2 - this is clearly a bug - the fact that it's a low-priority one and therefore hasn't been fixed for some time doesn't change that

it seems to me that deliberately overbooking terminals is against the rules.

(It is clearly against the spirit of the game.)