That awkward moment...

... when you lease an airplane, and only then realize it's literally the furthest away on the other side of the planet that it could possibly be!  :blink:

Good thing it was an A320 and not a LET...

1 Like

Yes, I can imagine the feeling. I had the same, but WITH Let when I needed them at Papeete  ;-)

Yes, I can imagine the feeling. I had the same, but WITH Let when I needed them at Papeete  ;-)

Oh yes, I remember hauling a few Twin Otters from somewhere in Europe all the way to the Fiji Islands. The complete first set of flights were cancelled or so... :D

Yes, I think it takes 4-5 days until they have been delivered

Those memories of slowly ferrying Saabs around the world when I got my pathetic idea of recovering everyone of these Swedish beauties from the jungles :P. 

Though with jets it is fine. They are anyways, always there when the schedule activates. The best thing is that it is free! 

XL Germany used to lease aircraft from Air Zealand, so i guess someone has flown a similar route years ago  ;)

I use Islander for my Papua division. It's always fun to have newly delivery from England. :D I think i need to schedule transfer flight manually because the automatic system no longer works...

Flip side is when delivery is only 2 hrs away and you have too few bookings for the first flights… oops. lol