The big thread of opportunities!

This thread should provide opportunities for new and experienced players in AS. Share your knowledge about your gameworld, and draw players into your gameworld.

It can be empty airports, large quantity of cheap airplanes - or maybe you can provide a unique service, if you need an IL partner in a specific area. I’ll start, and feel free to copy paste with your information:

Share your information, and attract players to your gameworld - and make start up's easier!

Excellent idea.

Here some news about Tempelhof...

I mentioned a few weeks ago that a major airline deleted in China. Slots are slowly being filled, and one new airline emerged already. But there's still room for one more. And I am willing to interline with the new airline. If it's a new player, I can also provide some cheap planes.

Russia has a cargo airline that operates about 500 planes. Owner has not been online in recent weeks and the airline received two emergency loans. This cargo company will probably disappear tomorrow. Many slots will become available in Moscow and Saint Petersburg. As usual, if you're a new player, I can spare some cheap planes for you.

Jan

This thread should provide opportunities for new and experienced players in AS. Share your knowledge about your gameworld, and draw players into your gameworld.

It can be empty airports, large quantity of cheap airplanes - or maybe you can provide a unique service, if you need an IL partner in a specific area. I’ll start, and feel free to copy paste with your information:

Gatow

Opportunities:

Biggest cargo company is shutting down. Hundreds of cheap available cargo planes. Lots of slots in cargo hubs.

Large quantity of old 737’s available. More than 100. Good for a quick startup.

Is the company already dead or will it be out in the coming days or weeks? And which one is it?

Is the company already dead or will it be out in the coming days or weeks? And which one is it?

The company will not liquidate, as it's an enterprise for another company. But it has currently cancelled more than 500 aircraft leases, so there's plenty of market to capture already now.

Tempelhof with more than 200 MD-80, you can be assured cheaper planes are available.

SCL  73% with 7 bars and 9 slots

CGH 56% with 8 bars and 5 slots

GIG 66% with  7 bars and 7 slots

CCS  61% with 6 bars and 7 slots

BSB  57% with 7 bars and 9 slots

BAH 64% with 6 bars and 7 slots

MCT 79% with 6 bars and 6 slots

BHX 60% with 6 bars and 5 slots

LTN 50% with 7 bars and 4 slots

AYT 59% with 9 bars and 11 slots

Cargo totally open on Gatow. More than 60 757-SF's available on auction, along with more than 30 MD-10F. Perfect opportunity to either get a quick cargo company, or make a good foundation by earning money for a PAX company.

Lastest update: http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/9852-the-big-thread-of-opportunities/?p=87678

Going to give some info for Kaitak server. I’m dividing airports with opportunities into two groups: airports without competitor and airports with a competitor. All the airports listed have green status on slots and more than five bars in demands. The data should be pretty new because I just spent some time making them.  :D  :P You still have a chance to set up your airlines even there are competitors in the same airport. I also noted some of the airports that you won't get too many troubles from your competitor because they don't expand too much.

Here’s the list:

Airports without competitor:

Africa:

Algeria:

Algiers (ALG) 91%

Egypt:

Sharm el Sheikh (SSH) 86%

Hurghada (HRG) 85%

Ethiopia:

Addis Ababa (ADD) 87%

Tunisia:

Monastir (MIR) 94%

Tunis (TUN) 90%

Spain:

No airline currently has the non-EU traffic right in Spain, but Madrid and Barcelona were taken as a regional hub for some large airlines in the EU market.

Lanzarote (ACE) 64%

Fuerteventura (FUE) 61%

Tenerife North (TFN) 73%

Tenerife South (TFS) 73%

Central America:

Mexico:

With Mexicowings gone, Maxair is the only long-running airline in the market, but it doesn't grow even when it has the chance. Three new airlines started at MEX.

Monterrey (MTY) 83%

Cancun (CUN) 81%

Guadalajara (GDL) 84%

USA:

San Juan Luis Munoz Marin (SJU) 76%

Europe:

France:

One airline is based in the market, Fly France, with its international hub at Charles de Gaulle.

Bordeaux (BOD) 79%

Lyon St. Exupery (LYS) 75%

Marseille (MRS) 74%

Spain:

Ibiza (IBZ) 83%

Sevilla (SVQ) 72%

Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 62% 59%

UK:

One airline is based in the market, TXL, based in Stansted and Gatwick.

Belfast International (BFS) 79%

Birmingham, GB (BHX) 69%

Bristol, GB (BRS) 70%

Glasgow International (GLA) 67%

Newcastle (NCL) 71%

Liverpool (LPL) 81%

Cyprus - Republic of (greek):

Larnaca (LCA) 84%

Greece:

Heraklion (HER) 79%

Rhodos (RHO) 88%

Italy:

Two airlines are based in this market, Swift and Blue Arrow. Most of the Swift flights are out of Fiumicino, while Blue Arrow has multiple small hubs across the Europe. Blue Arrow is now focusing on Venice Marco Polo. Might not be a good place to put your airline based at since you need to compete with two airlines on the international routes with the same traffic right.

Bari (BRI) 79%

Bologna (BLQ) 70%

Catania (CTA) 70%

Naples (NAP) 68%

Palermo (PMO) 85%

Latvia:

Riga (RIX) 78%

Portugal:

No one is really based in Portugal. Even though Lisbon only has a 49% availability, slots are taken by several airlines. 

Faro (FAO) 74%

Porto (OPO) 72%

Romania:

Bucharest Henri Coanda (OTP) 77%

Turkey:

Galata Airlines (used to be Turkish Star) based at Istanbul Ataturk is the second largest airline by PAX in Europe. It's possible to start an airline like Jump to Turkey does, but definitely will face resistance when starting international long haul. 

Dalaman (DLM) 92%

Izmir (ADB) 87%

Near East:

Israel:

Tel Aviv Ben Gurion (TLV) 81%

Saudi-Arabia (KSA):

There's one airline based in KSA market, but not growing rapidly. 

Riyadh (RUH) 75%

Dammam (DMM) 85%

UAE:

not suggested. Even though there’s no airline based in UAE, the slot condition is horrible in Dubai and Sharjah, mostly because cargo airlines and highly frequent flights operated by airlines in the nearby markets

Abu Dhabi (AUH) 75%

Bahrain:

7 slots per 5 minutes with 68% availability, and it's the only airport in the country, even though there's no airline based in Bahrain, it might not be a good idea to start an airline there.

Bahrain (BAH) 68%

Sri Lanka:

Used to be an open market, but now no one is based there.

Colombo Bandaranaike (CMB) 75%

Syria:

Damascus (DAM) 91%

North America:

Canada:

With one old and large airline and two growing new carriers in the market. The slot condition is still pretty fine in most of the large airports.

Edmonton International (YEG) 82%

(ignore the following section if you are not interested in USA)

USA:

The main competitor you will face in the USA is Fly to Miami by audi. He has the significantly large amount of departure in all the airports. I saw a topic about whether he’s killing off new airlines, but I saw a lot of players survive and became a main player in the market, so it’s a market with potential if you know how to cooperate and benefit each other. I never played in the U.S., but nearly all the new airlines doing great have ILs with other airlines in the same market.

St. Louis (STL): 83%

Tucson (TUS) 86%

Ontario (ONT) 71%

Hartford (BDL) 72%

West Palm Beach (PBI) 77%

Fort Myers (RSW) 75%

Jacksonville International (JAX) 79%

Kahului (OGG) 81%

Cincinnati (CVG) 80%

New Orleans (MSY) 72%

Kansas City (MCI) 71%

Omaha (OMA) 85%

Buffalo (BUF) 76%

Raleigh/Durham (RDU) 75%

Cleveland Hopkins International (CLE) 71%

Port Columbus International (CMH) 76%

Providence (PVD) 81%

Nashville (BNA) 80%

Austin (AUS) 79%

Dallas Love Field (DAL) 81%

Houston Hobby (HOU) 80%

San Antonio, TX, US (SAT) 72%

Milwaukee (MKE) 70%

East Asia:

Macao:

Macao International (MFM) 90%

Japan:

There's two airlines in the market, and both of them have more than 1,000,000 PAX per week

Kagoshima (KOJ) 84%

Osaka Itami (ITM) 72%

Sapporo Chitose (CTS) 61%

Philippines:

Not suggested, based on MNL is not available, but fine if you just want to run small

Cebu (CEB) 86%

China (PRC):

I won’t suggest starting in China since Andy’s China North is taking up most of the slots in the country. There’re multiple airports with around 50% slots, but they will be running out quick if you want to start an airline there. Also, most of the mega airports have extremely bad slot condition. It will be a scheduling nightmare, but you can still try if you want to run small. A size of Zhonghua Airlines ran by helios is still possible to reach.

Fuzhou (FOC) 78%

Lanzhou (LHW) 84%

Guilin (KWL) 68%

Guiyang (KWE) 67%

Changchun (CGQ) 72%

Shenyang (SHE) 62% 

Wenzhou (WNZ) 82%

South Korea:

This is a complicated market. After Korean Sprit’s owner had left the game, there are three new airlines in the country (no need to worry about Air Namhan, team member pugnacity didn’t check the airline for nearly a year). All the main airports in the country are pretty empty, with a small amount of departures from three new airlines. I don’t know whether it’s because no one wants to be large or it’s not possible to be large.

Jeju (CJU) 69%

Taiwan:

Pretty empty after Taiwan Express left the game. The only competitor is grupo de empresas ilha formosa, but I don’t think infinity wants to grow large.

Taipei Sung Shan (TSA) 88%

South America:

Brazil:

There are three airlines in the market, Air Brazil, HanningWays, and ZAZ. The first two are with the 3N alliance, while the last one is the only one still growing and now with Aeolus.

Fortaleza (FOR) 77%

Recife (REC) 73%

Airports with competitor:

Africa:

Egypt:

*Cairo (CAI) 85%

Nigeria:

Largest African airline by PAX, Air Blongkor, is based in Lagos.

Lagos (LOS) 71%

South Africa:

Three airlines based in the market, but have to say none of them is growing.

**Cape Town (CPT) 71%

**Durban King Shaka International (DUR) 64%

Central America:

Mexico:

*  ** Mexico City (MEX) 62% 54%  46%

Dominican Republic:

One airline group is based in this open market, and it's home country, not just a subsidiary from another country.

** Punta Cana (PUJ) 70%

North America:

USA:

** Sacramento (SMF) 65%

** San Jose, CA, US (SJC) 65%

** Tampa (TPA) 63%

** Honolulu (HNL) 71%

Canada:

Montreal Trudeau (YUL) 63%

**Ottawa (YOW) 85%

Asia:

Vietnam:

One airline is based in the market, but not large.

** Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) 74%

* Hanoi (HAN) 85%

South Korea:

**Seoul Gimpo (GMP) 61%

**Busan (PUS) 74%

Taiwan:

** Kaohsiung (KHH) 75%

Thailand:

Bad place to start, Asian Smile is taking over all the airports in Bangkok. Phuket is your only chance. Might be okay if you just want a small airline.

**Phuket (HKT) 67%

Oceania:

Australia:

One large airline group and some new carriers.

Perth (PER): 68%

**Cairns (CNS): 79%

** Coolangatta / Gold Coast (OOL) 71%

Adelaide (ADL) 75%

New Zealand:

Four airlines in the open market, and all of them are foreign companies' subsidiaries.

**Christchurch (CHC) 77%

Europe:

Turkey:

** Antalya (AYT) 74%

** Ankara Esenboga (ESB) 78%

*Adana (ADA) 81%

Spain:

**Alicante (ALC) 65%

** Bilbao (BIO) 74%

** Valencia (VLC) 65%

Russia:

There are three airlines in Russia at this point. Two common things for all three airlines:

1. All of them have been in the market for a quite long time.
  2. None of them is growing for a quite long time.

**Moscow Vnukovo (VKO) 60%

**Saint Petersburg (LED) 72%

Belgium:

No airline has non-EU international traffic right in this market, but slot condition in Brussels Zaventem is not much better than other mega-airports in the Europe. One small airline based in Brussels South Charleroi, and not growing.

**Brussels South Charleroi (CRL) 70%

Italy:

**Milan Orio al Serio (BGY) 68%

**Rome Ciampino (CIA) 63%

Norway:

Nordic Sky is based in this market. It has hub in Oslo, and another airline is using Trondheim as a stopping point for its Norwegian flights. Finnmarken Air Service is also based in Norway, but less in development. Might not be a country you want to have its international traffic right.

**Bergen (BGO) 66%

**Stavanger (SVG) 74%

Greece:

**Thessaloniki (SKG) 77%

Near East:

Saudi-Arabia (KSA):

Jeddah (JED) 60%

Bangladesh:

One airline based in the market. Might be all you can have for this market. 

*  **Dhaka (DAC) 82%

India

Not suggest. with one old and large airline and one new airline with a pretty fast growth in the market, it might be too late to start in this country

* Ahmedabad (AMD) 76%

** Kolkata (CCU) 60%  59%  58%

Iran:

One airline based in this country, and not growing.

**Mashad (MHD) 83%

** Tehran Khomeini International (IKA) 79%

South America:

Chile:

Inca Air is new but gets terminal benefit from audi

Santiago de Chile (SCL) 72% 

Peru:

One new airline is based in this market after Aymara Wings left, but no too much growth so far.

*Lima (LIM) 78%

Ecuador:

Quito was taken by Ecuador Spirit, and Guayaquil is its secondary hub. There's another smaller airline based in Quito: Aero Ecuador.

Guayaquil (GYE) 77%

Brazil:

**Salvador (SSA) 66%

** Porto Alegre (POA) 66%

**Curitiba (CWB) 66%

** Belo Horizonte International (CNF) 62%

** Campinas (VCP) 74%

*relatively new airlines as competitor

**competitor doesn’t seem to grow for a long period (I can’t read other player’s mind, so just a guess :) )

Edit: 16/6 update: more detail info, adding 6 bar airports, re-evaluating some of the airports (some airlines might have a large amount of departure in an airport just because the frequency of the flights is extremely high), re-grouping by countries, better formatting (hoping it's more user-friendly :) )

16/6 afternoon/night update: small change of slot condition and airport list after the liquidation of Niederrheinische Luftfahrt Gesellschaft (NLFG).

25/6: slot update

3/7: Japan slot update

6/7: Algeria update

Hi,

One short message about Tempelhof: the Russian Federation is now empty and waiting for investors. There was only one big airline and it has gone.

Jan

Saw it too

@ Jan: are you still offering cheaper aircraft to lease?!

Brasil on Gatow has many slots free.

Tempelhof: Nextair in Marocco went out of business, and no other airlines in Marocco

Hi,

I can always miss a few planes, so sure.

And I think Nextair moved to Russia  ;-)

Jan

Some companies have opened in Russia now. :)

Meigs:

Brazil: GRU 75%, CGH 77%, GIG 82%

Aspern:

Chile: SCL 89%

Prague on Riem is 80% free. Great start to an European Adventure! :-)

Prague on Riem is 80% free. Great start to an European Adventure! :-)

I really don't know how to start on Riem. I have no problem on any other game world in any market but Riem seems impossible. Since the airline would be new I need small planes to build a network but none of them makes any money even with full load. Everyone else seems to run "castles in the sky" configurations. Any tips for Riem (maybe PM)? Only wasted credits so far.

I managed in Fih on riem… But less competition obviously… The moment rawali attacked me the fun was over

Riem:

-The entire Indian market only has one large airline and they are not very active any more... it's a huuuge market. 

-Singapore has a huge airline based there but it hasn't appeared active in about a month...

Tip for Riem is pushing 737s and a320s to the extent of their profitable payload. E.g. SE Asia-Australia/Europe-Middle East/Subcontinent-East Asia. If you can convince established domestic carriers to IL with you those long haul flights on narrow-bodies can become lucrative.