The world's ugliest airplanes

http://www.boldmethod.com/blog/lists/2016/03/11-ugliest-aircraft-ever-built/

I immediately thought of the Antonov An-74 with its dumbo-eared engines...

512px-Gazpromavia_Antonov_An-74-T-100.jp

Gazpromavia Antonov An-74-T-100 [GFDL 1.2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/fdl-1.2.html) or GFDL 1.2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/fdl-1.2.html)], by Leonid Faerberg (transport-photo.com), from Wikimedia Commons

introducing, Breguet 763 "Deux-Ponts".

First flight: 15 February 1949, retired 31 March 1971.

Total Built: 20 units

Primary user: Air France and French Air Force 

0273898.jpg

From my point of view the ugliest aircraft ever made are the:

• X-32 This aircraft just looks stupid and it gives you a laugh every time you look at it
  • The P-1 also share this place because of the 4 engines in a relatively small wing and the unusual shapes

The most beautiful aircraft ever made are the:

• A340-500/600 These just look so good with the A330 shapes and the fantastic large engines, the 200/300 are just completely ruined in looks by those small engines
  • I really love all dualed engines aircraft with high wings like the AN-148/148/178, PC-390 and C-2
  • I have always liked the 737s in look but the fantastic wingtips one the P-8 Poseidon really sets it apart
  • I also like some props like the ATRs and LETs and the Saabs

Here is a picture with probably the best looking aircraft ever made and a total joke side by side:

1920px-P-8A_of_VP-5_and_Japanese_Kawasak

41327.jpg

No further explanations necessary...

No further explanations necessary...

I see a lot more explanation needed. I agree that it does not look very good because of the ugly winglets and engines but I like the overall shape. For example compare it to the Dreamlifter which looks like a pregnant queen of the skies. Woman usually lose their charm when they are pregnant.

Having to choose whether the Beluga or the Dreamlifter is better looking is like having to choose Donald Trump or Ted Cruz as presidential candidate. :wacko:

Having to choose whether the Beluga or the Dreamlifter is better looking is like having to choose Donald Trump or Ted Cruz as presidential candidate. :wacko:

I think that is a fantastic comparison. On one side you have an incapable lier and on the other side you have someone who has proven himself to be successful but has some stupid thoughts and statements. It is the same with the planes, the Dreamlifter is ugly and incapable and the beluga is ugly but capable. Though I still think the Dreamlifter is the ugliest as well as I think that Cruz is the "ugliest". The differences are pretty minor in both comparisons.

Though this is a lot uglier than the Beluga:

One that you actually see flying around, and that should be grounded due to aesthetics concerns, in my opinion :

800px-Lufthansa.rj85.arp.jpg

Whaaat?

I love those "Jumbolinos" 

THIS is an ugly Plane

15493.jpg

Jumbolino is a great looking plane  :angry:

Another example of having no designer in the construction team:

0578372.jpg

Transavia PL-12 Airtruk

One that you actually see flying around, and that should be grounded due to aesthetics concerns, in my opinion :

Hi,

Sabena operated Avro's... only 5 abreast, comfortable leather seats, not noisy and (un)boarding took a few minutes. You may call it ugly, I loved that plane.

Jan

I think that is a fantastic comparison. On one side you have an incapable lier and on the other side you have someone who has proven himself to be successful but has some stupid thoughts and statements. It is the same with the planes, the Dreamlifter is ugly and incapable and the beluga is ugly but capable. Though I still think the Dreamlifter is the ugliest as well as I think that Cruz is the "ugliest". The differences are pretty minor in both comparisons.

Though this is a lot uglier than the Beluga:

Personally i believe beluga is worse than Dreamlifter because the nose section. It might not look too much different from the side, but if you look at it from the front, beluga looks horrible:

The modified section just way too large compare to its a300 size.

Dreamlifter is also not good looking, but not as bad as beluga from the front

article-2512027-19914CDE00000578-263_634

And i don't know why you're saying Dreamlifter is not capable since it's carrying newly made aircraft fuselage and wings from other countries, e.g. Japan, to U.S all the time.

I preffer the Beluga front.

But everything else looks on Dreamlifter betther.

Even if she looks pregnant.

137161667.gNTu3Oas.AMERICANEAGLESHORTS36

If we exclude all experimental and planes with a special purpose, what can be worse than a real flying box

I also agree with CBE that A340-500/600 looks absolutely gorgeous.

azerbaijan_airlines_airbus_a340-500_take

The same reason applies to DC-8-70s

1121692.jpg

All T-Tails are also pleasant to look at (In fact, I cant think of any T-tails that is awful)

I love A340s,too bad they dont get produced anymore!  :(

I think B787 and A350 are very ugly but its just my opinion.

Also i think the Trislander is ugly

n905vl-vieques-air-link-britten-norman-b

So long nose and 3 Props for such a small thing.

Just looks weird

I would add the A380. Fantastic bit of kit, wonderful machine, but just plain fugly.

Ok,its true,compared to planes like 777-300ER,A330 or A340-500 the A380 is really ugly but there are so much more planes which are uglier so i still think the A380 is ok.

Its just no beauty.

Personally I like the A380 because it feels stable in the air and it is not as shaky as smaller aircraft in similar conditions.

By the way if you want to see the best of plane photography go and follow my new Instagram account, you might change your opinion about the A380 after seeing some of my A380 posts.

Personally I like the A380 because it feels stable in the air and it is not as shaky as smaller aircraft in similar conditions.

By the way if you want to see the best of plane photography go and follow my new Instagram account, you might change your opinion about the A380 after seeing some of my A380 posts.

Like I said it’s a fantastic airplane, well done to Airbus, but sorry she’s just not a looker. Have to agree about some of the others being much worse though.