The world's ugliest airplanes

Which one is uglier,

df-A350prpix6.jpg

Or this

boeing-787-8-dreamli-1w.jpg

If all new planes start looking like a skier i will start looking like a train fan  <_<

I belive they both look GREAT.

What?  :blink:

The Airbus A350 is is probably one of the most beautiful man-made machines ever created. The proportion of fuselage length and width, engine size, wing and vertical stabilizer size is just perfect. The beautiful, almost organic flow of the shapes involved, including the engine mounts and the wing joint with the fuselage show the advances in aviation engineering over the last decades. Even the rather unusual nose including the Robin-like eye mask works for me. I don't like the designs where the nose tip is too high up on the fuselage and top and bottom end come together at a too flat angle, like on the Airbus A300/310 and A330/340.

I can say the same about the 787. Proportion-wise the -9 is almost even better than the 350 (although the -8 is a bit too short), but the nose, while undeniably cool looking, reminds me too much of a space ship. Bizarrely, the Bombardier CSeries will represent an almost exact 1:2 copy of the 787 in terms of proportions, which is definitely a good sign.

In my opinion, the 787 is a true beauty. I always love having them around, especially in the ANA livery. The American livery makes them look a bit sturdier. The 787-9 only enhances the proportions further. I also like the A350.

I agree they do not quite match the 340-600 in elegance (resembling a clipper ship), but are a great leap forward compared to the 777 or A380.

Don't agree. The 787-8 is truly nothing special, while the -9 is a bit better.

I'm kinda neutral on the A350. They all look too small and not big enough to me and the cockpit windows and the low nose of all those aircraft is nothing I appreciate.

And I also think the A380 is way too ugly. Impressive, nice to fly, but ugly to look at. It's too short and the oval form make it everything but elegant or beautiful.

The 747-8 is a true beauty in my eyes, especially the wings with the raked wing tips makes it special, and since it's a bit longer than the -400, it also got more elegant. Too bad it's not an economic success.

I still think the 747-400 is the best 747.

I love the raked wingtips of the 747-400.

Also i preffer the 787-9,the 787-8 is just way to short.

What i dont like about the 787 are the chevron nozzles,the "nose" and the length.

Personally I do not like the 747-8 at all because of it being very long and having the very long hump it is just something out of proportion.

I really like the 737s, 747-400, 757s, 767s, 777s, 787s, A300s, A320s, A319s, A321s, A330s, A350s, A380s, TU-204s, Ejets, CRJs, AN-148s, MD-11s, DC-10s, 717s, L-1011s, L-188s. I really like all of these but I belive that the aircraft that I stated above are my absolute favorites.

the discussion has strayed from world's ugliest airplanes into favorite one..

so, to keep it on topic..

2807115.jpg

Aero_Spacelines_Super_Guppy2.jpg

one of the examples of taking an already ugly machine, and making it worse. LOL

vedo villi.jpg

I win :)

Russian_Air_Force_Antonov_An-30_DvurekovNo you dont!!

vedo villi.jpg

I win :)

Yup.

Mine is uglier!!  :angry:

Yours at least somewhat resembles an airplane, ugly as it might be. I can't tell what uzkt01's plane was even supposed to look like.

Yours at least somewhat resembles an airplane, ugly as it might be. I can't tell what uzkt01's plane was even supposed to look like.

:D this is for those who say A380 is ugly. Come on guys what else is a double-decker plane supposed to look like.  :unsure:

I like the super/pregnant guppy I think they look so strange that it makes them look good. Same thing with Las Vegas, everything is so kitsch that it actually is fantastic. If you ask me I belive that they look worse when they are not pregnant. 

By the way I personally think Las Vegas is the nicest city in the US and I have been to many US cities. Though most of my family likes DC more.

Also i think im the only one person on the world which thinks the concorde is ugly.

It's only ugly when directly compared to the TU-144. For this comparison, I recommend a trip to the Technik Museum Sinsheim. You can see exactly where the Tupolev has a more "organic" and partly more refined look compared to the Concorde.

concorde_tu144_sinsheim_stuart_haig.jpg

source: http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349/austrianwings/Concorde%20Artikel/concorde_tu144_sinsheim_stuart_haig.jpg

reference: http://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/de/tupolev-tu-144