Very little pax

I have  created flights from Johannesburg to Nairobi . Currently my flight is only 3 % full , I have a good rating on the flight an my prices are below that of my nearest competeor on the route. I have no idea what to do to attract more pax.

MY airline is Novairlines on the DEVAU world

Any suggestion is welcomed

When is your first flight scheduled to depart?

When is your first flight scheduled to depart?

It alreau have departed ,  next flight is on the 1-08-2015  at 06:45

I just quickly checked the ORS: your flights only rank on page 3 - and even the flights that rank top aren't fully booked. So I'd say there's just over-capacity on that route.

I just quickly checked the ORS: your flights only rank on page 3 - and even the flights that rank top aren't fully booked. So I'd say there's just over-capacity on that route.

Thanks man , i will do less flights on this route 

I would say you should REALLY improve your ORS rating as it is not good atall being on the 3rd page.

I would say you should REALLY improve your ORS rating as it is not good atall being on the 3rd page.

Where can I check the ORS rating , I have been looking all over the place ?

Where can I check the ORS rating , I have been looking all over the place ?

Does the amount of times I fly to one airport in one day influence the ORS?

No. It does increase the total share of passengers you get, but distributed among the flights. For example with 1 flight you might get 35 passengers, with 2 flights you might get 60 passengers, but flight one will have 35 and flight two will have 25, etc.

Thank man 

Iam currently using a CRJ900ER on my Johannesburg -Nairobi route , will my pax numbers increase if I use a A320 or B737-8 ?

No, putting a larger aircraft will have no effect on the total number of passengers you get (unless your CR9 is already full, in which case using a larger aircraft would make sense).

If your CR9 is not full, though, putting a larger aircraft is not a good idea, as your per trip cost will be higher. You can improve your onboard service and seats, price, and timing to see if you get more passengers booked (timing in relevance to connecting passengers, because for direct passengers it does not matter if they fly at 2 am or 10 am or 5 pm; for connecting passengers what matters is how quickly they can connect to a flight operated by an interline partner).

That’s not correct in detail. But the difference won’t be much

That's not correct in detail. But the difference won't be much

Interesting comment. So the Size does Matter indeed ... (contrary to popular/general belief in AS). Is this correct?

If someone tells you "size doesn't matter" - it is not true ... are we still talking about AirlineSim?

Anyhow - the size itself does not count in terms of formulas. But we do have an image factor for the aircraft and in general the larger an aircraft is, it should have a better image.

If someone tells you "size doesn't matter" - it is not true ... are we still talking about AirlineSim?

Anyhow - the size itself does not count in terms of formulas. But we do have an image factor for the aircraft and in general the larger an aircraft is, it should have a better image.

Between a CRJ-900 and an A320 there is just 1 bar which does not make that much difference.

@flyboy95 I would say you should drop your international routes if they are not profitable and only go for domestic (try servicing all 3 bar airports or more atleast ones a day) and service your neighbouring countrys. Also try to really improve your rating and product.

Between a CRJ-900 and an A320 there is just 1 bar which does not make that much difference.

@flyboy95 I would say you should drop your international routes if they are not profitable and only go for domestic (try servicing all 3 bar airports or more atleast ones a day) and service your neighbouring countrys. Also try to really improve your rating and product.i

I do think that would be better , my domestic routes are the only profitable ones .