Where have all the passangers gone

This question is yet to be answered, hopefully there will be some news within the next days --> sk? :rolleyes:

having the same passenger booking problem in stapleton! :(

Hi,

my seat load factor in Stapleton has not changed. Well, it dropped by 0,25%. Perhaps there are other reasons for your booking problem ?

Jan

mmmm, I dont really think so since I havent really changed anything in the past couple months and before all my seats in every plane was full, and also for the fact that other people are having the same problem as I am.

If you believe it or not, but the problem resulting into the empty bookings (no domestic demand) is not existing anymore. We can check that an there are already the same number for the same routes. So whatever happened here to you or other players has nothing to do with this problem.

agree dropped a 1st class ticket to 50 dollars even less then my competitors coach and still 0 people willing to fly my airline makes no sense. Seems something is wrong with some of the smaller destinations. I cant believe no one would want to fly my 1st class planes for half his coach ticket going to try and bring it to 25 then 0 to see if i can get even 1 person to fly.

Well - booking a ticket the passenger is looking for offers in the requested class or below. The travellers are all a bit “stupid” and won’t dare to look for a first class ticket even it is cheaper.

Also, in addition to what sk already said, doing this is dangerous: If you fill your aircraft with these prices, but can’t make a profit, you’re dumping and may be subject to investigation and penalized for price dumping. Always ensure your tickets are at least the minimum required as listed in the flight details.

? illegal to test a theory that no matter what the price they wont take my airline what a joke. Was hoping to get people to at least try it then raise prices but oh well if it is illegal its kind of worthless to try. If it is built that no matter how nice my airline is they wont fly due to preset criteria then it is bogus. My line is built on 1st class model and if half the cities arnt even able to fly whats the point I will just start deleting cities and chaulk it up to a unrealistic game thanks for the input glad i didnt buy any more credits then i did what a waste of time.

Lines deleted wish there was a better way to know how many each passengers each city has of each class if those rules are true. Spent almost 1M dollars trying to build up a 1st class base and to find out after that dump of money it would never of been possible is irritating due to preassigned rules. To think no one at all wants to fly 1st class is nonsense very frustrated

Hi,

first class is a niche market with limited demand. That is why many (real) airlines only offer first class on their long haul routes. This is reflected in the game.

Then there is the way our virtual passengers book their tickets. I know they willingly downgrade to business class if there is no first class available. That is why many airlines in the game don’t even bother to equip their planes with first class seats… why pay flight attendants and use a lot of space for a few first class seats, if you can catch these passengers in your business class section.

Plus, price is not the deciding factor. It is price for value that decides whether passengers will book your flights. Your tickets may well be 50 dollar cheaper… if your competitors offer better seats and better on-board service, their flights may still have a higher rating.

Conclusion: focussing on first class passengers is perhaps not the best business model. Not in real life, and not in the game ;)

As for the cheating. The rules indeed state that dumping your prices is illegal. But only the direct costs are taken into consideration. That means the leasing cost is not calculated to determine if you are using illegal dumping prices. Believe me, your prices can go very low before you break the rules of the game. Besides, many countries have laws that forbid to sell goods below their production price. That rule too reflects reality. Anyway, I don’t know of any player who received a penalty for dumping his prices. I guess they usually go bankrupt before someone files a complaint.

Jan

Me again… I checked two of your routes.

Houston - Los Angeles

Zakk Wylde Airlines charges 840 dollar for a first class ticket and has an overall rating of 95.

Khand Airlines charges 800 dollar for a first class ticket and has an overall rating of 84.

Houston - Dallas (DFW)

Khand Airlines charges 325 dollar for a first class ticket and has an overall rating of 85.

Khand Airlines charges 380 dollar for a first class ticket and has an overall rating of 70.

My airline does not offer first class, but most of my business class routes have an overall rating of 98 or 99.

If you really want to focus on first class, I suggest you also focus on routes with a high demand, and that you keep an eye on your (value for money) ratings. Especially first class passengers insist on excellent service for their money.

Jan

odd both of those routes are fully booked making a nice profit. I cant imagine they offer more onboard services since I max them out on every route most of my lines make a profit but there are at lest 3 with 0 seats taken and no matter the price they never go to even 1. Not worried about any of my lines really other the ones at 0 just takes me as odd even a small airport wouldnt have 1 person to take an inexpensive flight. when your selling a 1st class ticket for less then a business and almost as cheap as economy just seems weird.

Did you get your data from the ORS tab that has yet to work for me, if not where do you get that information? I wish i could see every route i had with the information posted.

Hi,

perhaps that competitor offers better seats, or his airline has a better overall image. You also use Dashes on some routes. You will see that with the same service and pricing, your jets will get a higher rating than your turboprops. But in the end, the ORS rating decides how much passengers like your flights.

Mind you, if an airport has no demand for first class passengers, not even a rating of 100 will produce first class bookings. And if passenger demand is higher than the available seats, your first class will be fully booked inspite of a low rating.

Anyway, don’t try to outsmart your competitors… outsmart the game. If you understand how the game works, you can run a profitable airline. And one of the game concepts is that value for money is more important than just money alone. If real people can book a seat for 50 dollar less, they will gladly forget about free drinks and a free meal… They will just look at their wallet. AS passengers on the other hand will meticulously put everything on the scale and check the value for money ratio.

As for your routes…

your flight scores second on the Houston to Los Angeles route. That’s not bad. And you have no competition on the Houston to Dallas route. So if there is demand, it’s yours. My point was not that you are doing badly, my point was that cheaper doesn’t necessarily mean that passengers prefer your flights.

If you want a rough indication of your ORS rating, check the "rating" tab on the flight information page. Every green bar next to "Price performance ratio" stands for 20 points. Five green bars means your rating is over 80%.

If you want the exact rating, go to the "Information" drop down menu and click on "Online Reservation System". If you want to compare with other airlines, check the box that says "departures in 48 hours". If you are lucky and the ORS is working, you will get a list of flights on that route. The highest rated flights are at the top. Flights with the same rating are listed in chronolical order. To know the exact rating, hover your mouse over the green bars. And it is the overall rating that counts.

Jan

If you want a rough indication of your ORS rating, check the "rating" tab on the flight information page. Every green bar next to "Price performance ratio" stands for 20 points. Five green bars means your rating is over 80%.

awesome info guess should of thought about the math on this one but makes tons of sense now

If you want the exact rating, go to the "Information" drop down menu and click on "Online Reservation System". If you want to compare with other airlines, check the box that says "departures in 48 hours". If you are lucky and the ORS is working, you will get a list of flights on that route. The highest rated flights are at the top. Flights with the same rating are listed in chronolical order. To know the exact rating, hover your mouse over the green bars. And it is the overall rating that counts.

Always says that it is turned off.

My green bars are always high my frustration was more that i was doing everything i could to bring non existant customers to my airline not knowing they didnt exist. There is no easy way other than if you cant get 1 person to fly your airline to know if there is no demand for your type of flight.

I understand that you can game the system and win but was trying to do the 1st class thing its working decently, eventually i will spin off other planes to suit demand,. I wanted t my 1st go to be over the top luxury which is really working in some markets. Just didnt know or couldnt find out there was 0 demand in some markets.

appreciate the patience and help

Just learned something new today the ORS system is awesome and second it only works if the server is up to date on the server stats if the server time is anywhere other than the top you might not get the ORS system to work. Glad i figured it out its a pretty awesome tool.

honestly this is pretty annoying! This is clearly a server error; I mean come one, how can I go from filly every seat on ever plane on every flight too now possibly having too reset?! I mean come on look into the problem and stop making excuses! Think about it, if all of a sudden a lot of players (some on the same servers, and some on different ones) all are having the same issue out of the blue, dont you think something is wrong! Think about it, and fix the problem! If anything, there should be a higher demand for seats right now on any airline due to the holiday season! FIX THE PROBLEM ALREADY ANDS TOP BLAMING THE PLAYERS…we can take our money else where you know, just FYI!!!

Hi,

I checked your seat load factor… statistics tell me that one week ago your average seat load factor stood at 84,7 %.

That doesn’t look like a server problem. Did the numbers suddenly fall since last week ? Or have they gradually been going down over the last weeks ? In that case, the cause is probably a phenomenon called competition ;)

I also looked at your airline pages. Your ratings are excellent, they can’t be a reason for falling passenger numbers. Your network on the other hand lacks connecting flights. You operate a fleet of 8 planes, and it looks as if you serve 14 mini hubs. Each airport has a few flights to a few destinations on a few days. Of all the routes you fly, Dallas to San Francisco is the only one that has fixed daily flights. Your other routes look as if they were haphazardly put together.

I did not analyse your complete flight schedule, but allow me to give you one example. You operate a flight from San Francisco via New York to London. Via flights are tricky, but your via-stop is New York, and you have several flights from other cities to New York. Unfortunately, non of these flights connect with your flight to London. Your flights to JFK, and the New York-London flight would carry more passengers if passengers could make the transfer in New York.

Jan

How many of these complaints might be related to when there was a problem with the connections and to make up for it the AS team gave flights over several days a full load? I’m sure if there was a problem the AS team would find it and solve it. I do always seem to find however that after a few weeks demand on some routes seems to drop, I guess this is partly due to competition but some really does seem to be a decrease in demand.

Hi,

I believe Stapleton was not affected by this problem. At least, I don’t recall any problems with passenger bookings in my Stapleton airline. Bookings have gone down gradually as the server becomes busier, but my load factor is still above 90%. And when I look at airlines around me, I see no sudden drop in passenger bookings either.

Problems and bugs can occur every now and then. But Stapleton has 1200 accounts. There would probably be more than just a few players screaming murder if there was a general problem with the passenger bookings.

If demand on specific routes drops, three possible reasons come to mind:

• AS has decreased passenger demand on some route(s),

• a problem affects passenger demand calculation of certain airports,

• increased traffic/competition causes lower load factors.

Perhaps more things can cause a drop in passenger bookings, but in my opinion logic dictates to first check increased traffic and competition. And if that cannot explain the drop in passenger bookings, you look further. The problem is that the ORS is the hidden machine behind the game. And it can be very hard to find who is "stealing" your passengers.

But in this particular case I would say that Tuckersi and I have a different definition of the word clearly ;)

Jan

I’ll say it more likely due to stiff competition. Just improve your connections and service and you’ll see an increase in bookings. My load factor has basically remain about the same 96-97%. If one of my flights isn’t at near capacity I just lower my price and/or improve service.