Why China wings air are so successful???

As I already mentioned in the German speaking forums, for me the above discussed facts and the enormous gap between the Sky Elite members and the rest of the "hard working" airline owners have led to total demotivation: Why should I still try to make profit and enlarge my airline when other players grow at a hundredfold or even thousandfold rate and can easily "crush" my activities in any country with ease and drive me out of the market?

And one last point: I know of the current staff shortage regarding the support team, but I am also a little bit disappointed I haven´t read any statement of the developers yet, neither about the current situation, nor about future changes/improvements... :-(

I do share the same feeling with yours. Luckily I am experienced enough to stay afloat. Although I am pretty sure that eventually they will lose interest and move on, a lot of players would leave earlier than them.

I do share the same feeling with yours. Luckily I am experienced enough to stay afloat. Although I am pretty sure that eventually they will lose interest and move on, a lot of players would leave earlier than them.

not sure how you share the same feeling if you have 19 shiny brand new B747-8 Intercontinental  :P

even though i'm a member of sky elite, I don't even have any four-engines wide-body

well lesson learnt, next world start, I will be more efficient and productive

either start with cargo airline, double the price,

or start pax airline with heavy premium configuration and optimize the price.

in the time being, let's see if I can survive playing in riem..  :D

my preferred country to start might not suitable for cargo, but hopefully good enough for passenger services.

Okay, I feel it's time now, so let me comment on this :)

First, just to give you some figures on cargo prices, a small comparison:

DEN-SEA 108 AS$ (old) vs 138 AS$ (new), DEN-ANC 166 AS$ (old) vs 271 AS$ (new)

I read all posts concerning this issue and I agree with you. The current situation is not what we wanted.

While there will probably always be a "superior" strategy (and players knowing the game mechanics very well will use it), we aim to find a better balance to minimize the effects.

Looking back at the old system, it isn't perfect as well. It's allows for easy money on short-haul and it's not that easy to be profitable on long-haul and with cargo. And accordingly were the complaints were received - it also doesn't seem very realistic, when comparing profitability of short-haul and long-haul to real-world airlines. That's why we implemented the new standard prices, hoping for less attractive starts with lots of Q400 and more competition in are lucrative long-haul market.

Looking at Riem, it worked out quite nicely for short-haul - the Q400 strategy isn't that successful any more. But only few players took advantage of the new opportunities in long-haul. And I have to admit, these opportunities are too big now and it didn't work out very well for the start of Riem. There's no denying that.

Therefore, we are monitoring the situation. To get a feeling of the new gameplay, I started an airline on Riem myself. And using a completely ordinary strategy (no cargo, long-haul or anything fancy) I can still do alright (currently ranked No 16 in the US). Might have been different somewhere else, sure. I think we had worse starts before with massive growth almost everywhere and in comparison it's only a small amount of players on Riem. As said before, that's still not what we wanted. Personally, I'm also keen to see how it'll work out in a later stage of the game.

Long story short:

It's difficult to find a perfect balance for early and late game, gameplay and realism.

But we are monitoring the issue and we've heard you. And we aim to find a better solution.

Thank you all for your input!

Well, first of all: Thank you for your honest words. Maybe the situation is out of control now on Riem, but still it feels good to know that you care about the players' concerns.

Therefore, we are monitoring the situation. To get a feeling of the new gameplay, I started an airline on Riem myself. And using a completely ordinary strategy (no cargo, long-haul or anything fancy) I can still do alright (currently ranked No 16 in the US). Might have been different somewhere else, sure. I think we had worse starts before with massive growth almost everywhere and in comparison it's only a small amount of players on Riem. As said before, that's still not what we wanted. Personally, I'm also keen to see how it'll work out in a later stage of the game.

Just to clarify my position: I am not saying that you can´t be profitable on Riem using an "ordinary strategy". Fortunately my small airline is more or less successful up to now, I somehow (at least, because my main competitor finally gave up a week ago ;)) managed to be by far the largest passenger airline in my small country market, but that´s exactly the point:

It took me hours and days to analyze flight schedules and demands and to check real world flight connections on multiple websites to get this far. I know that I still have a lot of "unspent potential" and that I am making a lot of beginner´s mistakes  (not using a proper "wave system" and not efficiently adjusting my schedules to those of my IL partners). But even if did it all right, China Wings and such would still grow a hundredfold faster than me (without having to do massive research or the like), and that is what bothers me the most.

I have no motivation at all to leave my small country market and fight for additional passengers in countries with unrestricted market access, because I know that one day on of the top performers will (with absolute ease!) kick me and all of my competitors out of the market... :(     

First, just to give you some figures on cargo prices, a small comparison:

DEN-SEA 108 AS$ (old) vs 138 AS$ (new), DEN-ANC 166 AS$ (old) vs 271 AS$ (new)

But the most important routes you forgot to mention ... those operated by widebodies which became gold mines in Riem.

E.g. LAX-LHR cargo old: $249, new: $630.

JFK-LHR old: $198, new $384

But the most important routes you forgot to mention ... those operated by widebodies which became gold mines in Riem.

E.g. LAX-LHR cargo old: $249, new: $630.

JFK-LHR old: $198, new $384

What's your point?

Without even looking, I can derive from what "Spezialist" wrote - since he mentionned cargo AND long haul - (you may want to re-read what he wrote), that probably also CDG-BKK, DXB-SIN (cargo and pax), etc  will be more profitable. There is no need to list each and every price change...

To me, the important part of the "Spezialist" message was to get an understanding of why these prices were put in place at all. At least I seem to understand that the AS team tried to avoid the very situation when applying this new pricing structure.

The conclusion for me: There will always be spoilsports who aren't interested in simulating the operating of an airline, they are interested in beating and bypassing computer simulation systems. If you would put them in a flight simulator, they would not try to fly, they would try to figure out how far they can go until the simulator "blue-screens".

No matter what preventive measure the AS team will take, these guys will be back in the next world.

What's your point?

That one

My airline in PNH may not pass the 2nd week since another one relocated his money from LHR to operate in PNH. With his 1498 flights/week, I reckon I could not stand for longer. 

I do agree that Riem is too hard for conservative fashion ways of playing. 

That's the risk of starting in a country with unrestricted market access and has not much to do with Riem...

And dont say I didnt warn you ;). Bye the way he uses the seating I suggest for you. But how would I know what works.

And dont say I didnt warn you ;). Bye the way he uses the seating I suggest for you. But how would I know what works.

Interesting:) same stuff I would use ... but this one is "slightly" on a premium heavy side, especially with the E195s.

These configs are a nonsense for short routes. A "normal" config is really more profitable (already tested)  ;)

The hours and the waves count more than the configuration in this game world with low demand.

U can use premium seats with bigger airplanes on your waves. So u have the same result. If every of your plane has different configs u cant use them for all routes. Second of all u ruin your image with bad seats.

@fk2 - I know my sweet spot of seat type/price to charge. Of course I am not revealing it. But you can use premium seats and be much more profitable than with "regular" seats. And you bet that seat type is equally important as wave time ... better seats bump up "connection" rating substantially.

Of course I am not going to explain and give away for free my business model on the open forum, but there are several players using a similar approach to mine, if you look and search you will find out what's it about.

Give me a link to your airline and I will tell you your configs  :P

My last airline uses CR7 with normal configs and reached 210 departures and 10 planes in 3 weeks

Some users have this result after 3 months of playing  :)

Of course, my long haul use higher configs

Anyway, each player has his strategy  ;)

Have fun !  :)

Success is a combination of network, seats, service, image and prices.

22.3 million AS$ on aircraft deposits after 3 weeks? Well .... I call that "average ... normal ..." whatever the correct word would be ... not slow, but certainly not fast growth either.

And the profit margin is also not very impressive.

what are your airlines guys ?

it's too easy to talk about someone's transparent, hidden behind a nickname  :)

I'm facing 10-11 competitors, the australian market is hard, the margin of competitors on the stock exchange is between 8 and 15... and you ?

I give u a little tip. In the game there is a little searchbar. Just typ in the name Im texting here and u will find a user ;)

ok thanks guys  :)