Introducing AirlineSim Enhancement Suite BETA

Hello,
I am having major issues with the Competitor Monitoring page/feature.
Every time I open the tab it thinks for a bit before displaying emptyness. This is the error code on the console:

I am speaking to an empty void, I know - but I would much rather let you know of this issue than try to resolve it with my zero Java skills - and solutions that others have tried to the thing have not fixed the empty reference.

I know you read these forums so please acknowledge receipt of this whenever you get it.

I await your response
Cheers
jetcruise

Is this still available on the Chrome store? The link isnā€™t working and I canā€™t find it in the store.

Error 404 on the webstore link. But still works for me when already installed.

Same for me. Already installed and works fine. Link = 404.

1 Like

@Marcipanas I had to setup my windows and so also Chrome new. With that the installation disappeared and cant install this wonderful tool anymore, because of error 404. I am really sad! :ā€™(

Yup. Same problem for me.

This really poses a bigger problem. It is nearly impossible to keep up with airlines being managed through AES when you need to do all of the work yourself.

Marcipanas seems to be gone. He was not online for a very long time.

In theory there should be a way to export Chrome extensions from one device to another. I tried that with AES however it didnā€™t work so far.

Maybe try this. Dont know if this works and i wont take the responsibility for the website. Just try it if you guys really need it.
https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/248313/

Did this work for anyone?

I took the risked and tried it on my computer but it doesnt work. :frowning:
Playing without this tool is so much harder!

Luckily @Robert73 could solve the problem.
He wrote me the following message:

Chrome doesnā€™t install crx other than from Chrome Web store as far as i know. Edge (also based on Chromium) should work i think.

You can also unpack the CRX file (use winzip or winrar or something similar) and point the browser to the directory like here:

CNET

How to install Chrome extensions manually

Google leads you to believe that you can install Chrome extensions only from the Chrome Web Store. If you are willing to assume the risk, however, thereā€™s still a way to install third-party extensions you find in the wild.

(Maybe you run into an error of an outdated manifest version or something. You can ignore for a while or replace content of manifest.json with this one
https://pastebin.com/raw/K6t1NWNE
and reload extension.)

1 Like

Here is an updated version of AES.

I stripped out as much as I could with my limited understanding of how it works.
It is still on Manifest V2 and as many things related to tracking were removed.
JS was also updated To 3.7.1. from 3.4.1.

Again I know very little about this and I have a totally of 4ish hours of experience in JS, all on this working on this particular plug-in. So this should go without saying but dont expect new features or strange bugs to get fixed as I would have no idea where to even start.

So if you know how to install an unpacked extension into a chromium based browser.
Fixed the link for sharing. Download the directory file and that is what you point your browser at when loading an unpacked extension.
When loading an unpacked extension you can put the folder anywhere and simple point the browser to that folder. This will help it survive browser uninstalls or changes.

I also submitted a Manifest V3 version of it to the Chrome store. No idea if it will be approved but atleast I tried. Im sure many of you are more capable at taking it to the next level then me, so by all means give it a go.

3 Likes

Hi there. How in the world do I install this? The Chrome Webstore isnā€™t working, it keeps saying ā€œError: 404.ā€

Anyone know how to get the extension?

Seems this Version is a bit broken now as well, does not show the date anyome therefore gets confused with the route prices. Anyone might know how to fix it?

I assume that the changes in AS UI which also broke the THX extension also broke AES. And as the author of that extension is not playing AS and is offline for very long, you will hardly find someone who could fix it.

It is still partially function. @Priller did some cleanup before.

Hereā€™s a version with a fix for the recent UI update. Itā€™s based on the 0.6.4 release posted by racsofp.

Note: You might still see some ā€œNaNā€ and ā€œE-ng-liā€ in places; while the UI parsing is fixed it seems Iā€™m still missing something, to be investigated further.

No promises, but as Iā€™m enjoying AS at the moment I might implement more fixes/improvements.

Get it here: AES 0.6.6 (2024-05-04)

Credits:
@Marcipanas for the original development
@racsofp for their update and guide

Plans:

• Move project to GitHub :white_check_mark:
  • Submit to Chrome Extension Store
  • Create new topic

(Moving further planning to GitHub)

3 Likes