Why China wings air are so successful???

Funny, Chile is a HIGHLY PROFIT domestic market. With narrowbodies you can go as far as IPC, which is a profitable destination. Plus the country's shape facilitate routes over 1500+. Plus you can fly to Peru and Brazil, which are closed too. So I can't understand why people consider that unplayable.

p.s. I was able to achieve 5000+ departures per week in SCL in other server.

Funny, Chile is a HIGHLY PROFIT domestic market. With narrowbodies you can go as far as IPC, which is a profitable destination. Plus the country's shape facilitate routes over 1500+. Plus you can fly to Peru and Brazil, which are closed too. So I can't understand why people consider that unplayable.

I mean people are frustrated with players who made money from cargo and transfer money to opened passenger airlines in their current cities and kill them from the sky by that money. I do really understand them.

I played in PNH for one week, and after 2 weeks I restarted twice in order to find the ways to survive but I finally gave up after that since my competitor kept growing up to nearly 1900 flights/week. I, now, have to restart again and migrant to another base city.

No matter how good strategies you are, you can lose your airline whenever those come to your city with money. By the way, it is the rules of the game. I don't mind so that I just find another place and play again.

That may be true for other servers, but for RIEM and the current situation, - despite the few competitors - the passenger demand (with a few exceptions) is almost saturated (as well for connecting SCL with other cities in and out of the country as for connecting the country´s 4 bar airports with each other). Of course with further improving your schedule, you will be able to fill an additonal E95/SU9/..., but as I said before: Compared with what the "Cargo-Bad-Formula-users´" profit is (and how much time you had to invest), you will not stand a chance.

And keep in mind that you can´t use SCL as a classical international hub (as long as the Antarctica will not be flooded by gold hunters or millions of tourists... 

To the point: Chile works well for me and maybe one or two competitors, but you can´t make enough money there to go out into the open markets and hope to survice against the Cargo-bad-formula-users if they decide to take on the fight. I am totally stripped of my goals and therefore, of my motivation. 

By the way, it is the rules of the game. I don't mind so that I just find another place and play again.

No, it´s a bug or at least a bad config of the server. I have huge respect for your attitude to just start over and try again, but how many times will you do this?

You should be careful calling people bug-using. It is not a declared bug and all I can say is that the formula are working like they should. One may call it bad configuration or simply a bad designed formula. But don't call them bugusing as long as this is obviously no bug.

You should be careful calling people bug-using. It is not a declared bug and all I can say is that the formula are working like they should. One may call it bad configuration or simply a bad designed formula. But don't call them bugusing as long as this is obviously no bug.

Well, I can live with that, although the borders are often blurred... and as I have said before, I don´t blame the players for this.

Maybe it would have helped if you kept us well informed all the time of what you are/were doing about the "issue". 

Its always the same people crying. There are many airlines on the server who never had cargo flights and they are still sucessfull. So it is possible. There are more then enough opportunities you just might not grow as fast as the cargo ones. Who cares.

I mean people are frustrated with players who made money from cargo and transfer money to opened passenger airlines in their current cities and kill them from the sky by that money. I do really understand them.

I played in PNH for one week, and after 2 weeks I restarted twice in order to find the ways to survive but I finally gave up after that since my competitor kept growing up to nearly 1900 flights/week. I, now, have to restart again and migrant to another base city.

No matter how good strategies you are, you can lose your airline whenever those come to your city with money. By the way, it is the rules of the game. I don't mind so that I just find another place and play again.

It's simple - they won't come to your city if you are in a closed country (in this case SCL is)

Its always the same people crying. There are many airlines on the server who never had cargo flights and they are still sucessfull. So it is possible. There are more then enough opportunities you just might not grow as fast as the cargo ones. Who cares.

Okay I shamelessly declared that I am one of those not actively involved in Cargo (yet) but still successful. I only saved couples of TU204-100C for future use.

I want to point out that - there are still plenty of opportunities which are unreachable by those behemoths (as mentioned before, Chile). There are SO many in the game. But if you are blinded by the success of those mega airlines, then you won't be successful in Riem or in other servers (don't forget that established servers also have huge airlines)

To the point: Chile works well for me and maybe one or two competitors, but you can´t make enough money there to go out into the open markets and hope to survice against the Cargo-bad-formula-users if they decide to take on the fight. I am totally stripped of my goals and therefore, of my motivation. 

Open country is ALWAYS a bad idea, unless you are large enough with over 100+ decent planes. Just DON'T get in those market unless you are big enough. 

A hint for you: Just focus on building SCL and fly longer hauls (e.g. PTY, MIA) before its too late. A B737 or B787 should serve your purpose. 

Come on, sitting here crying is not going to make any difference. What will make a difference is going out there playing and developing your own skill, you will do it, just be a player whit your airline, see the competitors as a oportunity and not as a barrier. Face competitors against each other fight whit them (no real violence), be sneaky and take them out, that is the meaning whit the game just sitting there having a giant airline is not fun trust me, and if you loose you can be proud of your try and you have really developed your skill in the game and understanding of it. Sitting here crying makes no difference at all.

As an example Since february I have taken out 7 competitors in KUL (6 of them quite good players judging to there other airlines), and have you ever seen me complaying about competitors? I see each of them as a challenge to be meet and not as a barrier I can not cross. Just take them. 

- Christian Pålsson

Well: Thanks to all the people who want to help, giving hints or the like, while others are just trying to talk the issue down. It is very much appreciated.

Okay I shamelessly declared that I am one of those not actively involved in Cargo (yet) but still successful. I only saved couples of TU204-100C for future use.

I do not know why argue that you are not actively involved in cargo, while everyone can easily see that you are among the top25 cargo airlines - although your sizeable fortune seems not primarily to originate from cargo (as far as I can see...)

Is it because cargo has some sort of bad reputation because everyone knows that there is something wrong with the way cargo demand/prices are calculated? (Otherwise) There´s no need in denying being involved in cargo, is there?  ;)  ;)  ;)

I do not know why argue that you are not actively involved in cargo, while everyone can easily see that you are among the top25 cargo airlines - although your sizeable fortune seems not primarily to originate from cargo (as far as I can see...)

Is it because cargo has some sort of bad reputation because everyone knows that there is something wrong with the way cargo demand/prices are calculated? (Otherwise) There´s no need in denying being involved in cargo, is there?  ;)  ;)  ;)

Like carrying cargo in an aircraft belly, especially on 747-8I and 788/789, which he has many, helloooo???

Cargo has no bad reputation and there is nothing wrong with it, this was stated by sk who is one of the two top bosses of AS just a few posts above, that there is nothing wrong with how cargo is calculated and how it is being used and that ...

... all I can say is that the formula are working like they should.

Like carrying cargo in an aircraft belly, especially on 747-8I and 788/789, which he has many, helloooo???

Hello to you, too! But as you can see on his flight schedule, he is also using his T20(C) fleet to ship cargo from HKG to various airports...That´s past and present, not future use...

And if you quote sk, then please quote his whole statement: 

... all I can say is that the formula are working like they should. One may call it bad configuration or simply a bad designed formula. ...

(Ok, that´s still not the whole statement ;) - but at least the whole part about the formulae.) And don´t forget to add that Spezialist also said:

The current situation is not what we wanted.

While there will probably always be a "superior" strategy (and players knowing the game mechanics very well will use it), we aim to find a better balance to minimize the effects.

Looking back at the old system, it isn't perfect as well. It's allows for easy money on short-haul and it's not that easy to be profitable on long-haul and with cargo. And accordingly were the complaints were received - it also doesn't seem very realistic, when comparing profitability of short-haul and long-haul to real-world airlines. That's why we implemented the new standard prices, hoping for less attractive starts with lots of Q400 and more competition in are lucrative long-haul market.

Looking at Riem, it worked out quite nicely for short-haul - the Q400 strategy isn't that successful any more. But only few players took advantage of the new opportunities in long-haul. And I have to admit, these opportunities are too big now and it didn't work out very well for the start of Riem. There's no denying that.

So rubiohiguey2000, please stop pretending everything is alright here. The question is not: "Is the situation as it should be?" but "What can be done about the current situation - (if anything)?".

Of course, if you are not playing on RIEM or even making a fortune with cargo, you may have a different view on that... :mellow:  

Seriously, I just want to point out that, you can still be very successful if you position as a passenger airline and operate without a single 767F.

Do you know that my TU204 cargo flights generates less profit than my TU204 passenger flights? You probably don’t.

People did mention that the source of ultra high profit margin cargo flights need to be conducted by a 767 or larger.

Well, a cargo airline with a great system of waves can bring rapidly a lot of cash, that's a fact

But it depends on your strategy

These airline grow rapidly, take rapidly all the slots, and ? What is the interest to have 500+ planes ? 

As already said, these users are often the first to get bored, after some weeks and thousands of departures, they leave...

Whats your interest if not having 500+ planes? Starting every week a new company and sell it after a month?

Frankly speaking it gets bored quickly if the expansion is too fast. It becomes tedious to manage if the AGEX goes downward. Plus it also need time to do frequent price adjustment

That might be possible but in the same way it gets damn boring if u grow very slow. Second of all if u have a airlines that size u dont have to adjust the price anymore. Just put it out of experience that hight that u have your 30percent margin and thats it. And on a hub like PEK u dont even have make hubwaves because u just the flight wherever u find slots. Im sure u do the same in hkg ;).

By the way does anyone know why pek has only 10slots per 5 minutes even when the airport has 3 runnways?