Routemap

It doesn’t load for me too, two hours ago it said that I can’t reach the site and now it just refuses to load.

Looks like I have some bad news.

The system disk of my server failed yesterday out of nothing. Probably it died of old age. While the hardware got replaced rather quickly, it is currently unclear if the software part can be restored quickly enough. The server ran on an old Windows 2012 R2 (which is no longer supported, and won’t be installed anymore), and other components that Microsoft has phased out and can’t be downloaded anymore.

My immediate attention are currently on other services the server was running and are (more) important to me. Once that is running again (hopefully), I will have a look at what can be done about the ASRoutemap site. However, if things are too difficult, I might just let it die.

1 Like

Oh no!!! Fingers crossed that it will work again!

Oh, we hope you can revive this. thank you for everything

Sorry to hear about this. That must be quite annoying.

Well if there is anything one can do to help please don’t hesitate. I’m sure there are many like me who are extremely grateful to you for having provided this amazing tool.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that ASRoutemap is one of the best QoL tools that I’ve ever seen for this game - if you took up a collection for new hardware I’d pitch in.

2 Likes

We are all extremely grateful for the hard work that had gone into AS Route Maps over the years, it became more complex and more data exhaustive and invaluable source for decision making when playing Airlinesim. I am sure I am not alone to express you great Thank You and we keep fingers crossed that technical things will eventually work out and you’ll be able to get ASRM running again. Old saying holds true, you never know what you have until you lose it. Truth is, we always knew what we had, we just thought we would never lose it. Cheers and patience if you decide to restore the route maps. Than You again.

4 Likes

@martin Martin, this is a very important part of the game for most AS players. This is a very convenient functionality for planning flights and finding suitable airports. Could you somehow help with recovery by this service (AS Route)?

1 Like

Given that the issue seems to be more of a software- rather than a hardware-nature, I’m afraid I can’t help much.

There’ve been ideas to integrate at least some of the ASRM’s functionality directly into AS, but so far, we don’t have any concrete plans yet.

If you could integrate this inside AS that would be great

Hi Matthias, I loved your asroutemap and sad to hear this. Can I support here? I would like to try it to build it up with new open source components, but would may need some help. Not yet sure, if I could do it with my limited time, but a try would be worth. I think, I understood your concept already. “Only thing” is for me, to bring it on internet and the google maps. If you would have time for a short chat, would be great.
For everyone: It would be a hobby for me, so, no guarantee if it will fly and definitely not with the great performance from Matthias!

2 Likes

I’m really keen to see it up again. I would be happy to assist getting a new version working, though my technical knowledge is limited. I’d be happy to do some of the simple stuff though

Everyone overstatement in the discord server will be helping you rebuild your website

I love your work too. Tbh, it has been a necessity for me. I understand nothing about the hardware. For other perspectives, I would like to help if I can.

1 Like

Surprisingly I have managed to get things going again, at least it looks like it is working. The data is a bit behind, so it’ll have to do some more updates than usual. Not giving any guarantees though.

9 Likes

We all keep our fingers crossed… thank you very much for trying to restore it!

2 Likes

Oh thank you Matth, i hope it will work saftely again. Thanks your super idea.
:hugs: :grinning: :flight_departure: :sunflower: :four_leaf_clover:

There is a donation button on ASRM page. I encourage all those who really realized how different the AS life would be without ASRM to please make a donation to Matth according to what you can afford. We all shall give him big thanks by making a contribution for his perseverance in restoring the page.

5 Likes

I am eager to donate. However, paypal rejects donation from Japan. It is good if there is another way to donate.

1 Like

Thank you!!! But it seems like a bit unstable for me…